Chainsaws and Guns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have every one of both that I have ever bought.

My Father-in-law once told me; "never sell a gun, someday they will be worth their weight in gold"

I respect that old Man, and guess will add chainsaws to my never sell list.

Some day worth thier weight in gold?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,could be.

mo

oops,

Thought I was on the chainsaw forum,,,,,,,,

Oh well you guys use saws, and perhaps guns, what say you?

I have every one of both that I have ever bought.

My Father-in-law once told me; "never sell a gun, someday they will be worth their weight in gold"

I respect that old Man, and guess will add chainsaws to my never sell list.

Some day worth thier weight in gold?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,could be.

mo

Amazing they both have trigger, and other similar characteristics to make them work. Pointing them in the right direction, they both may be worth their weight in gold. Though gold is at $1353 OZ., hmmm.

Amazing they both have trigger, and other similar characteristics to make them work. Pointing them in the right direction, they both may be worth their weight in gold. Though gold is at $1353 OZ., hmmm.

Poplar timber fetching approx. $0.015 / oz.

Its funny we just did a county wide disaster scenario today. The county highway asked how all the roads coul ever be cleared in a timely manner (it was a tornado scenario). I think they were surprised that most of the rural people in the county will clear their own little piece of road. Before I leave to go to the firehouse when the weather is foul my chainsaw goes in the truck right along with the pistol.

My Ruger 10/22 and all other Ozzy semi autos owners got them taken by the Government in 96 after a terrible massacre down here, but I still got my 026.

Hmm just let em try n get ma saw..

WOW, I heard about that....IMO, if the Govt tried that in the States...there would be more deaths than at any other time....I can see them trying that though !!!

Todd

My Ruger 10/22 and all other Ozzy semi autos owners got them taken by the Government in 96 after a terrible massacre down here, but I still got my 026.

Hmm just let em try n get ma saw..

Didn't I hear about the crime rate or homicide rate increase after that move by the government? When you take guns away from law abiding folks only criminals have guns. Not a smart move "down under":(

WOW, I heard about that....IMO, if the Govt tried that in the States...there would be more deaths than at any other time....I can see them trying that though !!!

Todd

I think that is one of the main reasons we won't be invaded as a county. Every hill the enemy would come over they would be met by people with guns. And from what I'm told a WSM will shoot a good distance.

Scott

I've only sold two guns that I owned, and regret selling them both. One was a .44 Desert Eagle, the other a S&W 686 .357 mag. I wish I still had both today. :cry:

And, in case the gummit is reading this..... i lost all my other guns in a swarm of locusts. :bang::bang:

Didn't I hear about the crime rate or homicide rate increase after that move by the government? When you take guns away from law abiding folks only criminals have guns. Not a smart move "down under":(

Unsure if higher lower or the same, our crime rate is very low in compassion with US. All here have many thoughts about it, mine are mixed and so unclear.

Some background here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)

and here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia

I was woking with ma saw on the Uni grounds at the time of the Monash shooter, a guy runs pasts yelling run! a nutters got a gun.

Back