Chainsaws and Guns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes,

and you could say a bar of gold is pretty worthless to a drowning man.

Yep, and if it comes to society breaking down, and you want to buy guns with gold, well, somebody might just end up with BOTH.

(And it won't be the guy who started with the gold!)

Guns, I don't got no stinking Guns !!

group_shot.jpg

Saws, I don't got no stinking Saws !!

Stihls2_600.jpg

stihls_2_600.jpg

Some days I think I have a problem, Nah !!!!

Unsure if higher lower or the same,

It's much higher, and just like Britain, your gov't got caught lying about the statistics.
Wikipedia is about as reliable a news source as Maxine Waters.

We'll agree here all source bashin is easy. My links were about the act and the politic after the act. Crime numbers are as vexed as the gun ownership issue. My point for the OP is i got ma saws and still ma guns, just not the semi autos.
My other point is what I got is good enough for me, happy with ma bolt, lever and pump all big n fast enough for any game or target.

We often wonder down here when our Nanny Gov will put a license or permit on saws use or ownership shhezz that'll be the day to come out fightin.

My Ruger 10/22 and all other Ozzy semi autos owners got them taken by the Government in 96 after a terrible massacre down here, but I still got my 026.

Hmm just let em try n get ma saw..

Alot of people would have died that day if they did it to me... I may have been included with that statistic as well, but eh... :blob2:

Guns, I don't got no stinking Guns !!

group_shot.jpg

Saws, I don't got no stinking Saws !!

Stihls2_600.jpg

stihls_2_600.jpg

Some days I think I have a problem, Nah !!!!

I look at them pics and see something far better than money in the bank!

Unsure if higher lower or the same,

It's much higher, and just like Britain, your gov't got caught lying about the statistics.

Wikipedia is about as reliable a news source as Maxine Waters.

Boy, did you nail it. Don't trust Google, either, as they bury any sources they don't agree with or don't pay their ransom. Oh, and watch out for Snopes, too.

My point for the OP is i got ma saws and still ma guns, just not the semi autos.
My other point is what I got is good enough for me, happy with ma bolt, .

And you are happy with them telling you what you can have, and can't have, apparently.

And will you still be happy when they change their minds and decide you can't have your bolt, lever and pump?

What's to stop them? They have every right to decide what kind of guns you can own.

And just how are you going to "come out fightin'", anyway? And when?

While I agree with your sentiment, they(the feds) have no such right. The Constitution was meant to limit the power of the federal government and spells out the powers granted by the people and the states to it. Recent 2nd Amendment cases are reaffirming this. The feds DO however, have the power to enforce it's rule, legal or otherwise. I do question just who they plan to carry out gun seizures or any other imagined un-Constitutional power grab? The military and law enforcement are among the few who follow the oath they swore to "protect the Constitution". How many elected leaders can say the same?

As much as I would love to join in on the picture sharing I would both be handing over a detailed picture list of all mu guns to a potential govt person and I dont think ppl would be to happy if I took up that many pages of this post with the pics :D not including the chaninsaws and yes i have lots of gas and lots of ammo (I reload my own) no paperwork for govt to track :D yes I am a conspiracy theorist and a firm believer on the 2nd amendment.

As much as I would love to join in on the picture sharing I would both be handing over a detailed picture list of all mu guns to a potential govt person and I dont think ppl would be to happy if I took up that many pages of this post with the pics :D not including the chaninsaws and yes i have lots of gas and lots of ammo (I reload my own) no paperwork for govt to track :D yes I am a conspiracy theorist and a firm believer on the 2nd amendment.

Aye, Cappin"

While I agree with your sentiment, they(the feds) have no such right. The Constitution was meant to limit the power of the federal government and spells out the powers granted by the people and the states to it. Recent 2nd Amendment cases are reaffirming this. The feds DO however, have the power to enforce it's rule, legal or otherwise. I do question just who they plan to carry out gun seizures or any other imagined un-Constitutional power grab? The military and law enforcement are among the few who follow the oath they swore to "protect the Constitution". How many elected leaders can say the same?

Oh! Cool! Somebody who understands the difference between power and authority! :cheers:

I've only sold two guns that I owned, and regret selling them both. One was a .44 Desert Eagle, the other a S&W 686 .357 mag. I wish I still had both today. :cry:
:

You.... you.... you.... SOLD?!?! You SOLD a 686!?!?!? :jawdrop:

How could you????

I have guns and hunt, some registered and some not.
Always entertaining to read some of the comments from people concerning government "taking" their guns. I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that if they even try. Yeah right, you're gonna create your own Waco? You'll still be dead and you won't be buried with your guns either. Unfortunately there are alot more people wanting to take guns away than there are people who want us to keep them. Sign of the times, going to be less and less guns as time goes on. And judging by some of the young kids I see around these days I'm kind of glad I might be the last or close to the last of the gun owners.
And don't make this a "that will never happen in the USA" rant either. It's gonna happen the same as it is everywhere in the world, just a matter of time.
I'll check back later, I gotta go bury a few more items now that I think about it.

And you are happy with them telling you what you can have, and can't have, apparently.

And will you still be happy when they change their minds and decide you can't have your bolt, lever and pump?

What's to stop them? They have every right to decide what kind of guns you can own.

And just how are you going to "come out fightin'", anyway? And when?

Its a big conversation Blue n kinda hard not to offend when comparing OZ v US
I'll try to boil my thoughts down however they are not fully cooked as yet.
I like that the US has more open gun controls, good for you fight to keep em.
I like that OZ does not, so a nicer place to raise your billy lids.
I fear that OZ Gov may take more away, my rem 7615 is one on a short list.
I like that I can grab my pass port jump a plane and visit US anytime shoot any firearm but come home and feel my family safer. Is this unfair,, perhaps.
Your right talkin about fightin its just talk we tend to be rolled by Gov here more often than not.

Heres a link to available guns down here & yes if I really want get a pistol or semi just need to show cause n get C & D ticket not easy but can be done.

http://usedguns.com.au/used_guns_whats_new.html

Back