Chap Length?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer0419

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just ordered and received a pair of chaps from Bailey's. They do not come down to the top of my foot/ pant length. They are about 4" short. Is this ok or are they suposed to cover to your foot? Thanks

Chaps

I ordered a pair of the stihl orange chaps a couple of months ago. I wear a 30' lenth in levis so i ordered the 32" long chaps thinking that would be plenty long. I went to get em and tried them on in the store and they only covered half of my shin. So i had them order a pair of 36" long ones and they just cover the top of my boot. Seems like they run pretty short. Just a heads up to any one else thinking about getting a pair.

I like them just to cover the top of my boots by a few inches, too long and they get snagged. They are there to prevent fatal bleeding accidents first, I believe.

ironhead said:
I ordered a pair of the stihl orange chaps a couple of months ago. I wear a 30' lenth in levis so i ordered the 32" long chaps thinking that would be plenty long. I went to get em and tried them on in the store and they only covered half of my shin. So i had them order a pair of 36" long ones and they just cover the top of my boot. Seems like they run pretty short. Just a heads up to any one else thinking about getting a pair.

The stihl length is OVERALL length, not inseam... Your dealer should have known this. Measure from your hip down.

I also like mine to come to my angle.

The length is for the pad. Not inseam. Measure from your belt line down to were you want the bottom of the chap and that is the pad length. Edit:Lakeside beat me

Back