Charmaster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blizzard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone thought of their stoves. Heard they are very well built, long lasting, and work well.

Mine was installed in 1978. Still heating my 100 year old 2400 sq foot house very nicely on about 10 cords a year. Excellant furnace well worth the money. Get the hot water tube. Also works well and gives you free hot water. When mine wears out, I'm going to replace it with the same thing.

well its taken me 3 months to figure the thing out, but as far as forced wood furnaces go, im happy with it. as stated get the HW coil it works great. It looks like ill end up heating approx 2000 sq ft on about six maybe seven cords. A little more than I was hoping for but acceptable. if you get one pay close attention to the installation instructions, especially the cold air return locations, and duct work sizes. It was zero last night and I got a good 7 hr burn and kept the house at 70. Mines located in my gagage and ducted downhill into the main ductwork. Probably not the best way to do it but no other choice

How does your hot water coil work?? My furnace has the hot water coil listed as a option but have never saw or heard how one exactly works. I think I have a pretty good idea of how it should look, and just how much plumbing is involved? Thanks

you use an electric hotwater heater so you can plumb the coil into the threaded holes where the elements used to go. The cold water line that went to your main hot wated tank is now routed to the cold inlet on the new tank (they call it a tempering tank). the hot exit on the tedmpering tank is routed back the the original cold inlet on the main tank, so in essence all your doing is pre heating the water that once flowed directly from the well or city source. They work very well, infact my gas HW tank never comes on when im running the stove. I installed a by-pass at the main tank so I can shut the whole thing down for whatever reason. Also there is some position requirments as to the height of the coil in relation to the temperiong tank. hope this pic helps

if your installoing a charmaster they tell you how to do this, if you notice in the photo the top of the element is lower than the top hole of the temp tank. this allows it to hydro syphonate, or something like that

Back