Cheap hydralic power

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am glad i finally had this topic come up..we were talking about it recently at work and, nobody believed me about the concept working or having enough ummph....i wasnt 100% sure if my truck would have enough "guts" or not either
The truck is a 1978 dodge D100 w/ a 5.2L 318 COULD this be enough to convert it to a dump bed? A FRIEND GAVE ME A HYDRAULIC RAM,AND HOSES how many other items do i need? valve, tank,anything else? thanks in advance for any info..............................Scott

There is more than one way to do this, depending on how you want to. valve type is depndent on how you choose to tap into your pressure side of the pump, Res tank is dep. on the size of cylinder and usage you need. like one way hydralics verses two way. If you need one way you'll need atleast a res that holds enough to fill the cyl. Two way not so much. What I did was set it up for a one way and then I had all the volume I'd ever need to go either. Tanks are cheap. If you don't have one ask and I'll tell ya how to get a new one from WALMART for $20.

all this sounds like a cheap way to add hydralics to a garden tractor cheaply. I've been thinking about this exact topic a lot lately. I remember guys years ago running ps pumps as plow pumps, so I figured it should work fine.

This is a really interesting thread. It appeals to the "gadget monster" that dwells inside of me.

from walmart?

Yup wally world, just go back to the automotive section. Pick what ever size you need 2,5,7,10,20 gallon air bubble. remove the air fitting and add on a filler neck, and a return port. Easier then pie. And you can sell the fitting to somone who's guage is broke off. My last gitup costed me about $12 and was a 7 gallon unit.

all this sounds like a cheap way to add hydralics to a garden tractor cheaply. I've been thinking about this exact topic a lot lately. I remember guys years ago running ps pumps as plow pumps, so I figured it should work fine.

I've been toyin with the idea of adding a power-steering set up to my 9n ford.

Cheap hydralic power

isn't that a bit of a misnomer?

running additional hydraulics off a v8 engine isn't "cheap".

Yup wally world, just go back to the automotive section. Pick what ever size you need 2,5,7,10,20 gallon air bubble. remove the air fitting and add on a filler neck, and a return port. Easier then pie. And you can sell the fitting to somone who's guage is broke off. My last gitup costed me about $12 and was a 7 gallon unit.

WOW!!!

Simply GOTTA take these blinders off. The tunnel vision is killing my imagination. :jawdrop:

Which way to Wally World?

Last edited:
Cheap hydralic power

isn't that a bit of a misnomer?

running additional hydraulics off a v8 engine isn't "cheap".

well thats true, but I'm only interested in running hydralics off of a single cylinder engine, so thats pretty cheap

WOW!!!

Simply GOTTA take these blinders off. The tunnel vision is killing my imagination. :jawdrop:

Which way to Wally World?

Fire extingusher's (I didn't win the spelling bee) also work well for the add on unit's on a truck.

Latest posts

Back