Cheating a carb rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremez

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Trying to get some opinions. Found. Sweet deal for an 026 on CL the other day. Got the saw and its in almost new shape. New chain and newer bar. Only down side was it took 7 to 8 pulls to get started. Wouldn't start on choke, only in the run position. I figured new carb gaskets. On order from Baileys. In the mean time, I was thinking about using some Lucas upper cylinder cleaner and lubricant I've had sitting on my shelf. Was thinking about adding half an ounce or so to see if this would lubricate the diaphragms in the carb and save me from having to tear the carb off. Anybody try this or something similar with good results? Thanks

Trying to get some opinions. Found. Sweet deal for an 026 on CL the other day. Got the saw and its in almost new shape. New chain and newer bar. Only down side was it took 7 to 8 pulls to get started. Wouldn't start on choke, only in the run position. I figured new carb gaskets. On order from Baileys. In the mean time, I was thinking about using some Lucas upper cylinder cleaner and lubricant I've had sitting on my shelf. Was thinking about adding half an ounce or so to see if this would lubricate the diaphragms in the carb and save me from having to tear the carb off. Anybody try this or something similar with good results? Thanks

Make your own gaskets and you won't have to wait on anyone.

Make your own gaskets and you won't have to wait on anyone.

Never tried making my own. I guess there's. First time for everything. But I thought the rubber diaphragms had a special form to them when they're put together. I thought they were slightly domed and not flat.

If the saw hasn't been run for awhile the diapram may be a little stiff. Run it a little and the fuel may soften it up. This is common even on saws that were put away dry.

Pull it apart and clean it!!!!!

OR

Swing by tomorrow and grab a carb kit!

Bring a 6er of keystone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back