Check this out...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id love to figure out a way to control the throttle on my saw the way that it is shown on this mill with the handle and cable.

Dusty,
The Hud-son has a real simple angle iron "gripper" attached to what looks like a bicycle brake cable then a cheap mini bike type handlebar throttle. It actually works fine. I reckon it would cost about $20 to build. Sorry, can't get any pic's for you as the mill is 900 miles away. Maybe another Hud-son owner can help with a pic or 2.

RD

...interesting, wonder why it says capacity is only 14" green logs, looks like it could do bigger than that in the pic. And why does it say "green" logs... as if it can't handle dry ones?

woodshop said:
...interesting, wonder why it says capacity is only 14" green logs, looks like it could do bigger than that in the pic. And why does it say "green" logs... as if it can't handle dry ones?

the only thing i can come up with on the width question is this:

the add states to use a ladder as a base. most aluminum ladders are only 14"-16" wide, i believe. in the pic posted, that looks like someone welded their own frame. that frame looks like it could accomodate a much larger log.

as per the green logs? i can't figure that out either. the power of the saw should determine that...

It looks like the mill slides along the ladder, but doesnt actually do any cutting over the ladder. It looks like the cutting is done off the side.

If someone wants to buy one and let us know.....!

woodshop said:
My guess would be they don't want to step on the sales of their small bandmill.
Rodney

Latest posts

Back