Cheep Hotel/Motel Rooms for TCI Expo?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I want to go to the TCI Expo. I live in North Carolina South West of Charlotte. I've seen the rates advertised, but I was wondering if anyone knew where you might be able to get a place to stay cheeper. Please let me know. Thanks,BB

I have the BEST hotel....

My girlfriend lives super close to the Inner Harbor. Free room and board and.

love
nick

Ah, those relative prices. In my part of the country $200 will often cover a week in a nice clean place.- Not a Radisson though.

Who from here will be there??

Cheep flights. I was looking for weeks and couldn't get better than $370 roundtrip. Heck, I found roundtrip to Europe for the same price and was considering doing that instead and just paying for unused hotel space.

Now that time is short, I looked again and found tickets for a little over $200:cool:

See you there!!

Last edited:
Can I help?

I'm a local living in Baltimore. I started the thread on area hotels at http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9967. If I can be of any assistance, drop me a note, either here through AS, or directly at [email protected].

On a personal, side note, if you use hotels.com, confirm the reservation with the hotel itself. I showed up in Newport News this past weekend at the hotel I booked through hotels.com, only to be told that the reservation was for the next day, and that they didn't have any openings. When I got hotels.com on the phone, they apologied for the problem (but blamed it on the hotel) and made confirmed reservations at the same rate for a hotel across town. "Good customer support," I thought, until I drove across town to discover that the hotel they booked me in was completely full. I gave up in disgust, and booked the hotel, at a highter price, that the lady at the second hotel desk helped me find. Hotels.com said they'll refund our money, but I don't think I'll do business with them again.

-Kevin

Did you folks see that show on the travel channel a few weeks ago?

Anyway, using detection equipment, investigators found urine and semen stains on about 70% of the walls in hotel rooms - or phrased another way, on walls in 70% of rooms.

These were the nice hotels too.

And that's not even to mention what they said about the comforters, chair upholstery and carpet either.

It was pointed out that the sheets are washed.

But there are embedded stains of bodily juices that have squirted of flowed on one or more surfaces of probably 80% of upper class accomodations.

I wonder what it's like in the cheap places?

Leave your forearms under the sheets.

Originally posted by M.D. Vaden
Did you folks see that show on the travel channel a few weeks ago?

Anyway, using detection equipment, investigators found urine and semen stains on about 70% of the walls in hotel rooms - or phrased another way, on walls in 70% of rooms.

These were the nice hotels too.

And that's not even to mention what they said about the comforters, chair upholstery and carpet either.

It was pointed out that the sheets are washed.

But there are embedded stains of bodily juices that have squirted of flowed on one or more surfaces of probably 80% of upper class accomodations.

I wonder what it's like in the cheap places?

Leave your forearms under the sheets.

I think that's like when you're eating a hot dog and your friend starts telling you what's in the hot dog. I think most peopl would rather not know:rolleyes:

love
nick

Musta been the room I had just checked out of;)

Hey, dont eat the unwrapped mints at retraunt counters, they usually have fecal contamination.

How about door handles in restrooms?

My Dad was a health inspector for the city for over 40 years. He had a a story about a taverner who leased more space from a vacated store next to his pub so he could expand the rest rooms, getting room to put sinks in with the other fascilities. Beofre there was one communal sink for both rooms to use on exiting.

His handtowel and soap consumption plumeted since so many people don't bother to wash when people are not looking.

Wanna know hwo many rat droppings are allowed per unit of whole grain?

This is almost as good as what my customer that works at a sewage plant told me about.

Many vitamins don't digest, but accumulate on the bottom of the treatment pools.

As for restrooms, I hate washing my hands and grabbing the handle, knowing that some people with filthy hands grabbed it. Its almost like "what's the use of washing."

If its not a stool episode, I'll stay away from the "moist" sink handles.

Personally, I either grab the door handle with a towel or my pinky to pull, or, push my shoulder into the door if the door pushes.

I hate dirty restrooms. Its actually one of the main things I consider for where I dine out or even buy hardware.

When I worked at the Oregon Health Sciences University, the other guys did not mind the old beat up oak toilet seat - I wanted a clean white one that we could see if it was clean or not.

Well, I told the guys they could keep their old oak seat with its open wood grain...

...which probably stored puss in the wood pores from the zits on the big sweaty forman's back side...

(NEW TOILET SEAT IN PLACE WITHIN 7 DAYS - AND I DIDN'T SWITCH IT!!)

Back