NW Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark,

What was the final head count at the GTG?
I'll look at the book later.

I think it was twenty or a few more. I know there were a lot of no shows.

I'm not sure the date was the best but that was what we came up with. With the weather this year, I'm Damn sure glad we didn't have it in the spring.

I do want to personally thank each and every one who did attend. I think it turned out pretty well.

On the way in to Canada at Sarnia they asked what I had in the back and didn't even blink when I said "chainsaws".

On the way out at Windsor the US CPB officer was much more interested in my fat passport and all of the stamps. He wanted to make sure I had not been in any ebola regions and didn't even ask what was in the back. In a way I was disappointed but I'd already spent about 30 minutes waiting in line so I was happy enough to be on my way.

Mark

That's what I figured. It seems quite a few back out at the last minute at many of the GTG's due to commitments etc. I thought it was a good sized group. The time of year was good as well. We sure got lucky with the weather.

I agree Tim we did have some decent weather. If I had been thinking I would have taken some of those oak
Pieces home with me to add to my firewood stack. Oak is one wood I do not see around here. I know one thing it was sure fun cutting it. I finally got all my saws out of my truck and emptied out the fuel and cleaned them up to put back on the shelf.
I will be going up to the mountains next week to cut some pine for firewood and get ready for winter. I burn about 50% pine and 50% other wood. That works out great. The oak would have been nice. I will have to remember for next year.

I agree Tim we did have some decent weather. If I had been thinking I would have taken some of those oak
Pieces home with me to add to my firewood stack. Oak is one wood I do not see around here. I know one thing it was sure fun cutting it. I finally got all my saws out of my truck and emptied out the fuel and cleaned them up to put back on the shelf.
I will be going up to the mountains next week to cut some pine for firewood and get ready for winter. I burn about 50% pine and 50% other wood. That works out great. The oak would have been nice. I will have to remember for next year.

You would have been welcome to them.

It would have saved me some trouble...

I didn't want too see the oak cookies just put on the burn pile so I loaded them up and took them too my place. I'll bust them up and burn them this winter.

Thanks for the great pictures and narrative. Looks like all had a great time.

Just letting everyone know, there will be a GTG in NW Indiana this summer. July 11th.

Cbfarmall/Chris and myself will be putting it on and it will be at his place which is between Lowell and Hebron IN.

Its only about 4 miles from the intersection of I65 and St Rt 2 and very easy to find. Take Rt 2 east of I65 about one mile then turn south on Clay street and go right at 3 miles and the place is on the west side just before the S curve.

We will have the grill fired up for lunch, probably burgers and hot dogs with chips. If anyone wants to bring a side dish, desserts, or soft drinks, that would be appreciated. Being it's July in NW IN we will have plenty of cold water there.

Also at the corner of I65 and Rt 2 there are a couple large truck stops, fast food restaurants and a couple motels. A Super 8 and a Comfort Inn.

The Super 8 has a limited number of rooms available that will be offered for early registration at a 10% discount for GTG participants. You must PM me for the direct number to call for the registration, do not call central reservation or you won't get the discount.

There are also plenty of other motels etc just a few miles north and south on I65.

All participants will probably be asked to sign a liability waiver, just so you know. I think we will have plenty of wood to cut and decent size as well. If we get to it, we will try to have some cant's milled up for racing if thats what folks would like to do. We would be open to someone volunteering to organise the racing.

We would like to start a head count when time gets closer (end of May, first of June) so we have a idea on how many would be attending. Any questions can be directed to myself or Chris and we will do our best to answer them.

If someone could tell me how or can make this a sticky, thanks.

Hello there. Fellow Hosier!

Back