chineese saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for some reason the above mentiond chineese saws have been removed from auction site?

They have been removed as i complained to Husqvarna NZ about them and maybe Stihl found the copies of there Saw's also.

Like to see one first hand. Not for or against the Chinese. However, they are constantly improving their products and will eventually be on par with Japan and the US or any other first rate country. It is inevitable. By that time the "junk" will be just as expensive as the rest.

Well, I am definitely "against" the chinese, but I think you are missing the point here. It's not simply the quality of the saws they are making. The important point here is that they are counterfeits. Not only a direct copy of another companies design, but the use of their brand and logo is a deliberate attempt to deceive the buyer. So regardless of how well the saw is made, everyone involved in this scheme is a dishonest scumbag.

Thats right the Chinese can make very good products as long as the QC is kept up and they are made to the right specs the Chinese product will be as good as anything out there.

The Issue here is that they are making copy's and selling them as other Company's products.

i have one of the honda gx 200 knockoffs on my mini bike been happy with it. had it for about 2 years now if it blowup today i'd get a other one at $110 a pop how can you go wrong.
i'm thinking on buying one of the 070 i seen it somewhere for $300 just because i'd like to make 1 or 2 cuts out of a large trunk then 10 cuts and i'd only use it about 2 to 3 times a year

the problem with china is that every time they retool to make something else it's different from the last time they made it. thats why when i buy (crap) i get a in store warranty so if it is crap i can take it back and try my luck again

I got one

Most people see chinese and turn away but I can tell you at £54 sterling I couldn't loose and it knocks spots off my McCulloch. Mine is a Husky copy and is fitted with oregon bar and chain and warbro carb. Use it daily on pine trees and it's the best thing since sliced bread as we say in uk. Incidently a brand name saw to similar spec over here is £400+. It's a good starter and if it ever lets me down I won't bother repairing it, I'll just buy another.
:chainsawguy:

some poor aussie paid over $800 for a ms380 knockoff on ebay about 4 days ago.no flip caps, oregon chain, carlton bar but it was new in box. i reported seller and they removed the other saws but i near fell over this morning when i seen same saws on the tradingpost website.

I have to say I have over 30 saws in my garage and not one was bought new. I don't know if that's a good thing but I rather by good used than cheap new. Cheap new will only be cheap old.

I have to say I have over 30 saws in my garage and not one was bought new. I don't know if that's a good thing but I rather by good used than cheap new. Cheap new will only be cheap old.

Same here, although I'm tempted to buy a Dolmar 7900 just for a fun firewood saw :chainsawguy:

Back