Chinese cylinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just takes some longer than others to figure this out. Consider yourself lucky, at least you're not 20K in...
Wow dude. Just wow. I think you should have more appropriately said I was more than 40 dollars in. I mean 20k is in fact more than 40.

I find keeping 10+ name brand pro saws and another 10+ units like pole saws, hedge trimmers, bk-pk blowers, clearing saw, trimmers etc is hard enough when used daily in a work scenario. Everyday they need to function properly & work. It surprises me how long pro equiptmemt lasts with relatively basic maintenance. Once you introduce Chyna top or bottom end component's or any really for that matter you compromise the unit. I use China rim sprockets & chain roller catches, that's about it, well that's about all incan afford to use. OEM may be expensive up front but its smart business to buy them when you've got saws & other gear thats been used daily for half a decade with only minor issues. Start using the China & all that changes, you end up with down time, frustration, not being able to finish jobs... its just not worth it (for me). $30 cylinder kits sound amazing until you try using them 5 days a week.

I was taught about the oem orginal cylinders being size A, size B size C and I think there’s a size D not sure. Most of the replacement pistons are size A. We can put a size A piston in a b cylinder. But no size b in an a cylinder. My 181se cylinder is stamped size C. Since it has plenty of compression I’m not touching it. I have another 181se and a 288 Xp to checkout next.
The 288 has a am replacement piston kit already but no c/r. I’d like to fix that one.

That's what $50 CL 350s with milky fuel lines are for...
I paid $40 for a 1 owner core with decent bar and chain, I put a cherry 45 mm cylinder, used flat top piston, new metal clamp on the intake, base gasket delete . Been using it for better than a week now, probably 4 tanks through it, these little saws are the best deal going!

I collected too many 350’s/570’s. Need to tag sale or flea market them someday. After there cleaned up and running. Happy to break even. No gifts santa comes once a year.

After a few repairs on my first 350 a base gasket, carb clamp she’s alive.

Latest posts

Back