Chip Trucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine, 1985 GMC ex asplungh 1 ton with chip box and tool box and my chuck and duck 30 some year old chipper, never mind the ghetto master hub caps on the chipper.

click the pic for fullsize view

Here's mine, 1985 GMC ex asplungh 1 ton with chip box and tool box and my chuck and duck 30 some year old chipper, never mind the ghetto master hub caps on the chipper.

click the pic for fullsize view

That is a nice clean, compact looking rig RF. All self contained with ladder up above and huge tool box.

Another nice thing about being a treeman....we never have to buy wheel chocks if we don't wanna. LOL

That is a nice clean, compact looking rig RF. All self contained with ladder up above and huge tool box.

Another nice thing about being a treeman....we never have to buy wheel chocks if we don't wanna. LOL
thanks for the compliment, I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that piece of wood in front of the tire.........lol

Here is mine

That's a beautiful rig. Unusual, interesting color. Removable top? Classy.
attachment.php

Here are my 3 chip trucks, 2 are double duty, 87 F700, 91 Mack Midliner, and one is full time chip, Assplunger box. The 2 log/chip have removable boxes. They are all old but well maintained. I'll follow this with a pict of my other chipper attached to the chipbox truck.

That's a beautiful rig. Unusual, interesting color. Removable top? Classy.
attachment.php

Here are my 3 chip trucks, 2 are double duty, 87 F700, 91 Mack Midliner, and one is full time chip, Assplunger box. The 2 log/chip have removable boxes. They are all old but well maintained. I'll follow this with a pict of my other chipper attached to the chipbox truck.

attachment.php

This box, nothing at all special, bought from Lewis Truck for 650.00 and drove it home on flat bed dump and bolted it to the bed with fabrication. It can be yanked off with my crane.

That's a beautiful rig. Unusual, interesting color. Removable top?

Thanks for the compliment. The color, unusual is a great way to put it. When I went on my own in 99 I wanted my colors to set my company apart from my competitors. Everyone seems to have red, green or white. If you see a red bucket rolling down the road, you don't know who it is until your next to it.

A good friend of mine owns a body shop and gave me a bunch of color charts and that's what I came up with. People seem to either love it or hate it but everyone definitely knows its me from a mile away.

Oh yea its a 3 piece removable top.

Here is mine

Treeslayer666, thats some sweet stuff right there. How long have you been in buisiness? Funny thing, I allways loved that color - I almost bought a bucket that color, there is a nice opperation here in ct that has everything that color. I always thought that would be nice on a 67 camaro, very nice.
What is that chipper 1590 or 1890? what motor?

Treeslayer666, thats some sweet stuff right there. How long have you been in buisiness? Funny thing, I allways loved that color - I almost bought a bucket that color, there is a nice opperation here in ct that has everything that color. I always thought that would be nice on a 67 camaro, very nice.
What is that chipper 1590 or 1890? what motor?

Thanks for the compliment tree MDS. Ive been in buisness since 1999. The chipper is a 1590 with the Deere 140hp, its no joke. I feel its the best chipper in its class.

Was the bucket a International 4700 with a rear mount Aerial lift AL-50?
If so that was my old bucket. I traded it to ALC when I ordered my 2007 Ford F-750 AL-62 rear mount.

Thanks for the compliment tree MDS. Ive been in buisness since 1999. The chipper is a 1590 with the Deere 140hp, its no joke. I feel its the best chipper in its class.

Was the bucket a International 4700 with a rear mount Aerial lift AL-50?
If so that was my old bucket. I traded it to ALC when I ordered my 2007 Ford F-750 AL-62 rear mount.

No the bucket was a versalift vo 55 rear mount, guy out of winsor ct had it. I ended up buying a 6 wheel drive Altec 55-60' rear mount wich I'm fairly happy with. I've got a bandit 250 with supersized infeed and quad rollers+JD 125, still sick in its own right but those intimidators are nice. I know someone that has that same chipper/motor, nice machine. Do you like the drum overall? any problems with it?

Ultimate Chip Truck !

Too bad the local pulp and paper mill's chip haul is down at the moment here in Manitoba. I would post a pic of a 1000 HP whole tree chipper blowing over 20 cords of chipped up logs into double B-train chip trailers which is pulled by a dual stack Kenworth.

Last edited:
Bandit 1590

Tree mds, No problems at all with the 1590. I like the drum better than the disk personally just simply because there is no "dead space" between the feed rollers and the drum. Drums take the viney sh*t with no problem.
I started back in 99 with a 250 and loved it. Still do, one thing about the disk 250's is they throw the chips with hella velosity packing chip trucks SOLID. I went with the 1590 because of its capacity to eat everything but the butts.

Anybody else prefer to buy an older chip truck and make payments in the form of repairs instead of buying a newer or new truck? The reason being that you can probably buy 3 used trucks for the price of a new one. Also instead of the mandatory monthly payments, you can choose to make your payments in the form of repairs when you choose to do the work.

Anybody else prefer to buy an older chip truck and make payments in the form of repairs instead of buying a newer or new truck? The reason being that you can probably buy 3 used trucks for the price of a new one. Also instead of the mandatory monthly payments, you can choose to make your payments in the form of repairs when you choose to do the work.

I love older stuff for just that reason. I realized at some point that I could be working at this forever if I wanted all new stuff.

you got that right, old = paid for and cheap cost to run it, I have made very few repairs and keeping it legal isn't as much as some would think, less than $700 a year for insurance, tags, inspection and taxes, throw in an oil change every now and then might make it another $100 a year, everything I have is paid for and can't no one come take it away.

Back