Chipper Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOGWILDWOOPIG

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a chipper. Is anyone familar with Carlton chipper. It looks like the Bandit to me. I would like to have a disc to load my truck up with chips. Please Help!

Last edited:
i wouldnt start with a new (untested) chipper.in this forum you will have pros and cons with every chipper made. best solution demo if possible and a quality repair facility for the chpper you decide on good luck!

Since the Carlton chippers are new to the market, I'd shy away from them for awhile. while I was working for another member here, I had some nice experiences with a Bandit 250XP. look for one in good condition used, and get it with the 115Hp JD diesel. you'll not be disappointed unless you're chipping larger stuff than 12" hardwoods.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think demoing a few of the machines is going to be my best option. I'm sure I'll leave feed back once the demo's are complete.

# 1 MOST IMPORTANT THING !!!!! "quality repair facility " and good costumer service

we recently changed from Vermeer to bandit because of bad costumer service

Oh yeah.

I just purchased a new to me chipper or I should say used. 2003 Morbark 2012D they call it the storm, with a Perkins diesel, its in very good condition with 650 hrs. They basically gave it to me @ $13,000. I think I got a pretty good deal what ya all think.

I forgot to tell you that they let me demo it for about 2 weeks until I got my finacess in order and:bowdown: I love it dearly. Well any thing is better than a 6" gas chippper. The time I save in chipping and in fuel is awesome.

I love my Bandit 254xp, great machine. There are alot of great deals out there, I would scour the tree trader ads and check out ebay. I seen my chipper on Tree Trader and got it for a great deal. 2002 Bandit 254xp, 125hp JD diesel, swivel and adjustable chute, winch and HD tire and wheel assembly. 333 Hours , damn near new for a steal at 21k, your chipper can be the best or worst investment you can make

ASD said:
# 1 MOST IMPORTANT THING !!!!! "quality repair facility " and good costumer service

we recently changed from Vermeer to bandit because of bad costumer service

Vermeer is sorely lacking in customer service..

Back