chipper death

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not one, I repeat not one fatal accident I ever found using a chuck n duck. I think you need to investigate your 100x statement more careful. Btw I think a whoopazz chipper chuck n duck for the northern crowd is more efficient for brush than any chipper other than a tub grinder etc. Reason no waiting in line period, five men can feed them all day; never standing to wait on rollers to feed through. Also most durable chippers ever made less moving parts to wear out!

yes interesting observation Ropey I not research or examined the claim of low or zero fatal harm from duck n chuck but may spend some time to check the data but my memory and belief is that your right . But why how hmm,,,, a quick think is duck chucks demand your care and concentration as any opsy will hurt bad... what i,m saying is you wont see a bloke deep inside the feed tray of D&C even the most foolish would know it has no mercy if your grabbed...where as the roller feed chippers you get this false sense you can beat the odds be quicker than the feed speed and have a stop reverse bar as back up.

yes interesting observation Ropey I not research or examined the claim of low or zero fatal harm from duck n chuck but may spend some time to check the data but my memory and belief is that your right . But why how hmm,,,, a quick think is duck chucks demand your care and concentration as any opsy will hurt bad... what i,m saying is you wont see a bloke deep inside the feed tray of D&C even the most foolish would know it has no mercy if your grabbed...where as the roller feed chippers you get this false sense you can beat the odds be quicker than the feed speed and have a stop reverse bar as back up.
Well three things make a whupazz chipper much easier on any operator 1 the ability to throw a limb 2 the abilty to cut brush correctly 3 A shove stick made from a limb to push the occasional nasty through. The truth is; the reason whupazz get a bad name is the occasional hand sting or whipped earlobe but I get neither as I know how to operate mine. I know john Paul researched it and said same thing I said. I do think your right about the concentration thing but for me safety is not the biggest factor why I like mine, durability is. Slow feed is nice when it comes to locust or osage but I can chip even them without too much whimpering.

Back