chipper trucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm saving up to get this rig!

attachment.php

Big Pimpin there, is that one of Mike's rigs?

I would use them for my tree service needs (If I wasn't doing it), their rig says "I will do anything for cheap!!":confused:

Takes all types to appreciate the best.

HINO! HINO! HINO!

Man that was the best investment ever! I would have a fleet of them... if I had a fleet!

Hino FB, 3.5 L turbo diesel, Hiab crane, 11' dump box with removeable top (load logs)

Truck has 500K on it... last cert it need some rubber bushing thing under the cab!

In 3 years we put a new clutch in it (throw out bering ceased, failed and took out the fingers on the pressure plate), new tires and some misc. lights!

16500 GVW, truck with crane only weighs 9600 Lbs will out turn anything (even a 1/2 ton pick up) and use less fuel loaded then my F250 super duty diesel empty.

It's no speed demon, but that's fine, it'll cruise at 110 Km loaded with the chipper so that's fast enough.

Get tool boxes though! that's our problem, like mentioned earlier in post, too much stuff has to be loaded in and out of back, the guys are great and we haven't lost anything yet but it's still a pain. The Hiab took up the space behind the cab, so we've only got underneath the box to work with

Gotta go NQR if you want an Isuzu, the NPR is too light.
Mine's been working out great, I'm thinking of getting another one this year with the Arbortech smooth side chipper dump. Or maybe a GMC 4500 or 5500?

Mogs

we use unimogs for our work, a big un with a crane on the top with either a timber boogie or massive traier with a chipper mounted on it,

the smaller mog has a farmi chipper, 13", (not to sure of the vehicle or chipper specs, they go by the 'big mog' and 'wee mog')

ive never touched a self propelled chipper but PTO driven chippers rock, and from what ive been told are loads better than your average tow behind

oh but the wee mog is knackered today....it happened while i was driving it......whoops.....seems like it is stuck in 2nd gear, and its stuck 60miles from home

jamie

Thanks for the clarification, Todd.

I didn't realize there was a distinction between the GVWR's.

I'm happy to get a F350 dump bed

I'm a happy man today! I just got a Ford 95 F350 4x4 1 ton dump truck, stick shift with a 7.5L V8 Turbo Diesel engine. it has full size crew cab which can easily take all my tree gears or my entire family of 6. It has less than 120K miles and I paid $8500. Now, I feel the little Vermeer 620 chipper is too small for this truck, haaa. look at the pic and be happy for the little me just getting started. Thanks. Erwin

YES, Carl. It has a sigle cylinder hoist and has been used very little. The bed measures 7'x8.5' with removable 1' stake wall. Front and rear fuel tanks. Erwin

Well, add a set of helper springs, 8' walls, and another cylinder, and you could hold more chips than ever.:D Actually dont worry abou the helper springs, rather reinforce the bumbstops, cause thats where it would stay:).

Should suit you well. Good Buy!

Congrats on the new truck! I know the feeling. I bought my chipper two years ago and have been chipping into a half ton pickup. Unloading chips was easy at first,but old quickly.I just picked up an old F350 myself.I am anxiuos to try it out!

Back