chopperaxe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseydevil

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody have one or ever try one? I've seen them on peoples websites but never heard anything about it. Also, I met a guy who owned one and he said it worked well, but I don't know if he really used it much, and to what he guaged it against. In other words, I think he just split rinky dink stuff for camp fires.
www.chopperaxe.com Check it out.

I've seen those types of deals before, and have never really thought they would be worth much. Though to be fair I have to say I've never used one, so I may be all wrong. I'd want to try it out in some of the hedge I'm working on now before I plopped down any money for it.

I found this in the fan mail section:

"Please send me immediately one of your Chopper 1 wood splitters. I have used a friends and it is amazing. It splits 12-16" oak logs like toothpicks, and it even does quick work on elm which I have found to be the toughest wood to split so far."
--John, Manitoba, CAN

Elm is tuff to split with a 30 ton splitter. I would like to watch "John" split it with this thing.

Yeah, sounds pretty fabricated(johns story). Although, I bet you could split 12-16 inch rounds with just about anything, and I notice the elm I couldn't split green is a lot easier after a few years drying. But I bet it's bull.
Any other thoughts on this?

I have a chopper and its incredible. Its hard to believe how well it works. It throws the wood apart.

used one when i was a kid 25-30 yrs. ago. was not built cheap
and worked surprisingly well. these things have been around for
a while.

they work

they work real well, I used a buddy's for a while and couldn't find one to buy when I needed a splitting axe so I went with the fiskar, I would recomend to buy it. it won't do anything but split wood it's not for chopping.

I found this in the fan mail section:

"Please send me immediately one of your Chopper 1 wood splitters. I have used a friends and it is amazing. It splits 12-16" oak logs like toothpicks, and it even does quick work on elm which I have found to be the toughest wood to split so far."
--John, Manitoba, CAN

Elm is tuff to split with a 30 ton splitter. I would like to watch "John" split it with this thing.

Haven't tried one but personally rather use a nicely shaped maul with a long handle (I'm 6' 2") set up for my comfort. Sounds a bit gimmicky ta me but ya never know, years ago I used a friends maul that had those little levers built in, what a POS! GAH! (took me over an hour to break it!) :monkey:
Its all in the technique, several good threads on this already here.

:)

:cheers:

Serge

Yeah, splitting 12-16" rounds is childs play. I cut my firewood at 18-22" for the Morso and there is a BIG difference when you add 6-10 inches.

Latest posts

Back