Christmas in July -- Log Splitter has arrived!!! :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an old Husky 22 ton just like your Champion. Only the motor is on the operators side. I see you have a log catcher but it also looks like the drop off will come very close to the motor. There needs to be a bar or something protecting the motor from getting hit.
I've been looking at new splitters but they all come with the motor on the drop off side.
You might want to watch your drop off's and see it you might need to ad a bar to protect it.

I've been using this a couple hours a day for nearly a week now. The motor is in a bad position, so I mostly use it in the vertical position. I found out today how to adjust the auto-return. Got tired of it only cycling up part ways about half the time. What a great machine!

I've been using this a couple hours a day for nearly a week now. The motor is in a bad position, so I mostly use it in the vertical position. I found out today how to adjust the auto-return. Got tired of it only cycling up part ways about half the time. What a great machine!

Not sure witch machine you are talking about but my Husky has been a great splitter.
The hand valve started leaking a few years after I got it. Tried to fix it myself. No luck doing that.
Replaced it and it's worked great ever since. I split on average of 50 cords a year. She's 17 years old now and works about 3 days a week.
I like the motor on the operator's side. It leaves the drop side clear of anything that can be damaged.

Latest posts

Back