Christmas in June

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggers_dad

Sawchologist
Reaction score
A couple of months ago things got rather tough around my house. Lots of bills, too much time at work, not enough time at home, money ran short and patience ran low...that stuff we all know. Jason (eiklj) posted that he had some safety chains to give away if anyone cared to run them. A safety chain cuts just fine, especially at that price! Several of us filled his inbox with requests and he told me he would send me some when he had the chance. He asked if I had interest in a Shinny 488 in good shape. At that time I was too financially embarrassed to make a decent offer so I passed.

A couple of weeks later (after selling some saws) I told him I was interested in the 488 if he still had it. No response. I figured he was busy. He finally sent a note and checked to see if I still wanted some safety chain and said he would get some on the way. Still no mention of the 488. That Saturday my sons and I were working on a couple of mowers (still trying to make an extra buck) when the mailman showed up in our back yard carrying a box. "You have another saw" he said. I told him I hadn't ordered any and he must have been mistaken. He told me he had carried enough of them to my house to identify one and he was sure this was a saw.

This was inside the box:

100_1150.jpg

100_1152.jpg

100_1151.jpg

It came complete with a good bar and five brand new chains to go with it!! I didn't waste any time in filling it up and getting it started. Started third pull (from a tank that had been dry for shipping) and cuts great. Very nice, light and easy to maneuver with good power for 49 cc's. Not one single issue with the saw, complete and everything worked as it should.

I told Jason I didn't understand. He said when I told him my chainsaw funds were too low to make a decent offer on the saw, he thought I needed a little Christmas gift early this year. He refused to take money for the saw or even shipping and simply said "You're welcome." His gift couldn't have came at a better time; I had sold almost all of the running saws I had as well as a lawn mower and was in the process of fixing a couple of weed wackers to sell as well. Funds and spirits were low. The gift of the saw really put some fresh wind in my sails when it was sorely needed.

I've spent the last couple of months getting back in better shape financially and been spending more time with the wife and kids. In the process of all this, I've let too much time pass without giving Jason a public "Thank you". I have been the one who gives in the past, I'm not used to the receiving part. The 488 will be in my permanent line up and I'm in Jason's debt for his kindness.

Stories like yours is why I'm very proud to be part this fantastic group of people. :cheers:

The 488 is GREAT saw.

Yup. Over and over again I am impressed with the generosity, knowledge and willingness to help from members here. This place helps me remember there are still good people in the world who like to help each other. I have learned TONS of information on this site and have yet to pose a question that someone didn't have an answer or idea about. Even my stupid questions were answered with patience.

dd

It has been said by others and said better than I can, but I am always amazed at the goodness and caring of AS members. There is probably some a** hole out there but I sure don't know who it would be. JR

Very nice saw! When I used to participate here more I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of generosity on this forum, it taught me to be more giving myself. And no, I am not giving away my Walkerized 394XP!

It has been said by others and said better than I can, but I am always amazed at the goodness and caring of AS members. There is probably some a** hole out there but I sure don't know who it would be. JR

Oh, there were a couple of them. One of them had me about ready to ask for an address to send a Husky project saw to.

The 488 should cut you lots of wood or so I have heard.
Good on both of ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its great to see not everyone is out for themselves, makes me think I should help out more often too. Great thread! Keep your spirits up!

Things are much better around the farm now. I have managed to squirrel away some extra saw money and shipped out a "care package" this morning to another AS member. I hope the box (just a few old parts and pieces, not much) gives him as much enjoyment as this one has given me.

Marc,
You reap what you sew. You're a good person, raising good kids, to lead a good life. Keep being an example to your family.

Thanks again for the bars, and chains. I'm glad you triple wrapped them so the Husky stank didn't get loose..........LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back