Christmas Present Ideas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teresa101

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm not an arborist and know relatively little about the whole game. My brother has been running chainsaw for many years with Wildfire Management and has been rock climbing for a couple of years as well. He recently decided to start looking into becoming an arborist. In keeping with the holiday spirit, and his goal of continuing to cut trees, I was wondering if anyone out there had a suggestions of ~$100 present ideas that would be good for a newbie. He owns a couple of saws already and some basic recreational climbing gear but I thought there might be a few items that you wished you'd had early on, either for fun or functionality. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

Go to one of the sponsors sites, and order a copy of Jepson's book "The Tree Climber's Companion". Get a throwbag and throwline for him as well, and your $100 will have been spent wisely. Esp. the book; it is loaded with practical info, and the price is reasonable. Your $100 purchase will even qualify for free shipping, and if you order in the next 30 minutes, :biggrin: there is a slim chance the goodies will arrive in time for Christmas.

+1 with Pelorus

Also, if you have a little extra cash to spend, you should get him a bigshot. I'd take a bigshot over a red rider any day :biggrin:

Seems pretty good, if he has a saw big enough a good 24" bar wrapped with Stihl RSC and a felling wedge will eat that $100 bill up and would make any of us smile. The bar will be saw specific so you have to find out what he has and if he needs one.

Latest posts

Back