Clamping system for securing logs on mill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody got any pics or diagrams.I bought my procut mill used and it doesn't have any clamping set up , just dogs to hold logs. I want to make a manual system that is adjustable.Thanks guys, Mark

No diagram... but you may look into how the dogs on a manual woodmizer works. Pretty simple. It's just an adjustable vertical shaft with a cam and hand lever on top on one side of the mill and folding dogs on the other side. I'll see if I have some pics. on my other computer tomorrow.

Mark,

You might be able to make out what I referred to in my previous post in these pictures.

The cam is adjustable horizontally (blue arrows) and holds itself in place vertically by friction with the exception of the lowest setting. Lugs (red arrow) are provided to prevent the shaft from being lifted by a wained edge.

cam-1.jpg

The tall dogs on the opposite side are hinged. There are also fixed 1/2" tall dogs on each bunk to hold flitches.

dog.jpg

Thanks for the pics,that looks so simple.I know what I'll be doing soon.I've been drawing up way to complicated ideas. I like it simple and uncomplicated.

Latest posts

Back