Clayton wood furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a clayton wood furnace that was manufactured in 1986 , and installed in 1988 , still on duty , I have lost all my literature and would like to have some to read up on , it is the 1600 unit, like I said still on duty , would not trade it for any new one , great furnace , if someone has some literature from the mid to late 80s I would glady buy it . Thanks TedMI.

000_0628.jpg

Might want to contact Clayton directly. I have a 1600 g (the g denotes that it is green in color) that was built and installed last year. Other than a slight difference in the blower motor, different handles and the fact that mine is green not white I see no outward difference in the appearance of mine vs yours. They are likely pretty much the same on the inside as well.

You can get the manual for the current 1600 series stoves in pdf from directly from us stove company for free at this web address for free.

http://www.usstove.com/Downloads/Owners Manuals/

Clayton

Thanks for the replie mud23609, .
I was after some sales literature around mid to late 80s.

Thanks TEDMI.

Go to USStove website, then downloads, then find it on the list. I just looked it up yesterday and the 1600 is there.

keep in mind the oldies were the goodies ..they have since cheapened them up and now rely on china to import them so the manuals and part nmbers may differ dramatically

clayton

thats why I want them from the mid to late 80s , I know the Claytons are not what they were , I dont think I would buy a new one today.

TEDMI.

We had a 1600M for years like that one , had the pre-wired forced draft blower and worked great. I now have a newer vesion of it and it's 100% idendical..ever piece of sheet medal , cast part and fire box are the same....only difference is it's green.

Both the old one and the new one have the same "Made in USA" or "Union Made" stickers all over them.

What makes you think they are made in China..or they are any different than 20 years ago?

Back