• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Clean Homelite 1050A PHO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warped5

WingNut
Reaction score
Up for sale is a very clean Homelite 1050A powerhead. Saw is 99% complete, all that is missing is the rubber cover over the spark plug. Strong runner, everything works as it should. Saw was last run a year ago, drained, run dry and shelved. $275 delivered to your doorstep.

That is a real good deal. If I didn't already have a couple Homelites of that size I would be all over that. Nice saw!

I only collect McCulloch saws but I am tempted to get a big Homelite... I like it... How about 250.00 to my front door and Ill take it? :)

I only collect McCulloch saws but I am tempted to get a big Homelite... I like it... How about 250.00 to my front door and Ill take it? :)

Buy that baby. If you decide to part ways with it, you wont lose money. Just be careful, those Homelites are addicting!

Are those like the Mac's say where you have a regular 250 and then go to a Super 250 and the power difference is like night and day? So say a regular 100cc Homelite and then this Super 1050 has much more power?

The "Super" in this case doesn't denote a difference in power. No matter though, as the 1050's are STRONG saws. They'll run right with a healthy 103cc mcCulloch. This saw here looks to be a late production (probably sometime between the late 1970s and when they ceased production in 1987) model. Has the 'late' decals as well as the Walbro SDC carburetor (instead of the Tillotson HL). I see the muffler cover and clutch cover are fully intact. Uncommon on saws that actually saw much use. My guess is that somebody bought that saw for ONE job, and it's been on the shelf ever since that job was completed. The lack of 'glove wear' on the rear handle paint bears that out too...

Ive seen regular 1050 saws and then Super 1050 saws and the power is the same? What does the super signify then if it isn't a power boost or porting like a McCulloch saw?

Ive seen regular 1050 saws and then Super 1050 saws and the power is the same? What does the super signify then if it isn't a power boost or porting like a McCulloch saw?

The "Super" in this case doesn't denote a difference in power. No matter though, as the 1050's are STRONG saws. They'll run right with a healthy 103cc mcCulloch. This saw here looks to be a late production (probably sometime between the late 1970s and when they ceased production in 1987) model. Has the 'late' decals as well as the Walbro SDC carburetor (instead of the Tillotson HL). I see the muffler cover and clutch cover are fully intact. Uncommon on saws that actually saw much use. My guess is that somebody bought that saw for ONE job, and it's been on the shelf ever since that job was completed. The lack of 'glove wear' on the rear handle paint bears that out too...

"Super" is just a badging change (for marketing) in this case. Homelite's far from the only manufacturer to do that sort of thing.

Warped5's not touting the saw as anything 'special' because it's a "Super". You'll notice that he doesn't even mention "Super" in the listing title. Just "1050A".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back