Clean Husky 455 Rancher $200-20" bar-yes or no?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad saw, but for me, No.

Look for the 351, 353, 346xp, 359, 357xp. 50-59cc's with metal cases. :msp_smile:

I would pass as well at $200 with it being used.

I bought a NEW one in '07 for $306 and still have it..unused in original box.
(if you lived close by..I'd sell it to you for what I paid..it's too heavy..imho)

I would put the $200 toward a used Pro saw..

ex..a good Stihl 026 or 260 (same power as the 455) can be bought for $225-250.
:cheers:
J2F

The 455 Rancher is a good - dependable saw - just a bit heavy for it's power.

I think $150 would be a better price and that's assuming it looks good and runs good.

They sell regularly on ebay for about $300 and about $35 shipping and that is a NEW one.

Also a 20" bar is NOT so great for a 50cc saw..18" is good and 16" even better.

Usually when I see extra chains included..it's been run pretty hard - again - 'usually'.
J2F

LOL! I offered $150 and it is $200 firm. So, I guess I will just cool it and keep at it with the 345 for now. 13 lbs. vs 11 on a 346 or 353.

:msp_thumbup:..Ya got it - Smart to walk away..!!

Check the classifieds on this site for good deals on good saws from good members.

Also 'super respected' member...'nmurph' repairs/fixes and sells 346's all the time..!!
(usually in the low $300 range - and he stands behind his saws - it's like his specialty..!!)

If interested - contact him via the "community - members" at the top of the AS homepage.
J2F

WOW..!! - Congrats on your Husky 61 find...and for a super nice price..!!

Also very light weight saw for being 60cc..You must be livin' right..LOL..ENJOY..!!
J2F

Last edited:
Should I be too concerned about the chain brake bar not being there? Personally, it doesn't bother me but, one good kickback would probably change my mind on that.

Should I be too concerned about the chain brake bar not being there? Personally, it doesn't bother me but, one good kickback would probably change my mind on that.

It would bother me enough to the point where I would repair it. If it is completely gone you have no protection for your hand either if you sling a chain. Parts are out there.

Back