Climber for hire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJohn

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up some extra work. I am located in NJ currently. I'd be willing to travel but not relocate. I have experience in removals, pruning, hazardous removals and more crane work then I care to talk to about. I'm not a disappointment. Anyone interested please email the details at [email protected]

If you cant get work from that jon somethings WRONG,if you were down under no problem.

This guy is top notch stuff, you the man and hope you get busy. You're too good to be idle!

Thanks Eric

Yeah something is wrong, NJ just sucks for tree work or at least it does down south in pine barrens where I am. All the trees around my area are 30 or 40 feet tall, the people in area don't have the money for their trees, more worried about spending money on their horse, some probably aren't aware they even have a tree or that people cut them for a living. South Jersey just sucks. Plenty of work in PA if I want to drive two hours sometimes with traffic it's 3 or 4 hours of driving.

I'd be better off traveling somewhere for a month at time and put up at a motel and working.

Try to check out the Mercer, Hunterdon and Middlesex counties. Don't know how far you are from me but there is plenty of money to be made with lots of big trees. I sure am missing them now that I am out in the pines too.

Don't know how far you are willing to travel but you could check out Brians Tree Service and Predator Tree service. They hire contract climber and are just above central Jersey. I have never dealt with either of them, just not ready to take the step just yet.

How long have you lived in NJ John? Like is it always that slow or just in winter?

I moved here just a little over a year ago. I left a really good job in PA to come to NJ to raise horses. The summer time we stay pretty busy. The guy I work for has a pretty good operation but lacks the ambition to try and stay busy in winter. I was working for him on a full time basis up until when I my son was killed. I told him I didn't know when I'd be back and when I did I could only committ to a few days week, it was rough and still is. I just can't sit around in self pitty any longer. I have bills to pay, funeral expenses to finish paying off. Life goes on. I just got a phone call tonight that I need to go see my Dad or I wont get to. He was just put on a ventilator, his kidneys had shut down and they had to give him blood transfusion. I can't go see him tomorrow since I got a job to do tomorrow and can't afford to not do it. If I don't it tomorrow Roachy will come in and snatch it up on me on Saturday. So NJ for me really sucks and life in general for the most part. However among all the sorrow I am still one he11 of a climber thanks to Dad.

I have recently hurd that the guys down south and up north are pretty slow right now. Only guys that are staying busy my way are bigger companies with a couple crews and yet even some of them only get part weeks. Winter time is for complex housing and Row work.

Where abouts are you and in the south? We are busy right now (7am-7pm) shifts 5 days a week. Start on a 10 day contract on monday for the Catholic churches. I may have a job here and there for you if all you want to do is climb. 95% of the time I can get my bucket truck or spider lift to the trees. So only a small portion of work would I contract to a climber.

What I really need is someone who can run a full crew, CDL, can climb, and hand out my business cards when I leave them alone.

I live in Buena, Landisville. I am right behing the Buena High School. I wouldn't coming out a day here and there climbing. I don't know about running a crew. It took years to get my crew I had to where they are now. I like to do my job and expect those I work with to do theres with me having to tell them every move. I had a PA cdl but when I moved to NJ and got a license here I dropped the CDL. It was worh the hassle of retesting here. I don't a cdl to climb a tree or drive my car.

Cell 609-576-6320

Ice Storm Work

We are looking for good climbers with travel required. Current work is in plains states, possibly NY. Based out of Northern Wisconsin. Please call me for details.

Kent Petersen

We are looking for good climbers with travel required. Current work is in plains states, possibly NY. Based out of Northern Wisconsin. Please call me for details.

Kent Petersen

Hi Kent, Say HI to Chad for me!

I know a few people in the MKE area who's work is slow. Might be able to set up a crew for 3-5 day stints in the midwest, if the price is right. I'll be in Greenbay for the convention too.

Latest posts

Back