Climbers- How to rig a foot loop?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fog-drip

Reaction score
I'm new to climbing on ropes.
Having fun getting up into the trees and descending, but I need to rig some sort of foot loop or stirrup on the main trunks in order to work with a hand saw or chain saw.
How do the pros do it? Thanks in advance.

I saw this thing from Foresrty Suppliy that enables you to set up this mechanism and walk up trunks. I wouldn't touch it .
I often used a ladder I made of rope though its small and only has one foot hole. I use it for getting to the very top of crown reduction type work but I actually just use my web straps instead.
Me bother and I made a rope ladder of clothes line( around 10 years old) but we were to smart to use it. He was a year older and he knew if he even suggested I do it we would have been fighting. I have often wondered of making a rope ladder with lots of foot holds which you could pull into a tree via the throw line. But then... that's what the ascenders do. One on the hand one on the foot and with a throwball you will be " Arborist of the Year" in no time flat!
I do see a proper place for a tool like this as when you jump around little trees you mess up the bark and break limbs... sometimes.

just take a bight of rope from your climbing line wrap the trunk and tie a simple overhand knot.

Latest posts

Back