climbing equipment?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twyler

Reaction score
new to the "in tree" part of cutting and looking for a good site / catalog to find ropes, harness, helmet, etc.... any ideas?

Do you have any experience "in the trees"? If not, I would think you better get some before you "go out on a limb". Start small and close to the ground. Work with someone. Some have a knack for it, some don't. If you don't, don't make yourself do it. It either comes natural or stay on the ground.Otherwise, WesSpur, Sherrill or Bailey's are good sites to cruise.

I have been climbing a cutting for about a year now, a friend of mine has a tree service and I have helped him out. I am not a pro by any means but I don't think my harness from a tree stand package is sufficiant anymore. I will start looking around there. Thanks

I stihl climb in the origional navaho vario saddle by petzl I like it as far as mobility but I think I could have done better, It is a little rough expecialy if your on spikes all day. Im with treelimbs on this one floating d/bridge and good back support.

Back support is a must. I was climbing on some ####ty Sala harness with the pinnacle attachment point, took me 5 minutes to get back pain in it, upgraded to a treeMOTION and have never looked back, most awesome back support.

Check some of the rock climbing stores as well (REI etc.). They tend to sell some of the same items for cheaper than the more commercial retailers.

Ascender's, grigri's, carabiners those types of items can sometimes be picked up for a better price...

that harness was never ever sufficient.

I have been climbing a cutting for about a year now, a friend of mine has a tree service and I have helped him out. I am not a pro by any means but I don't think my harness from a tree stand package is sufficiant anymore. I will start looking around there. Thanks

is this buddy of yours going to take care of you when you go the way of Obama's economic rescue plans?

Asking questions here is a great start. Next harness I buy will be one I have already climbed in. Get a demo and if it is something as fancy as the treemotion make sure they fit it for you.

Buckingham makes the best climbing gear in my opinion. But like others have said why buy it if you have no experience. You need to take climbing courses or work for someone that will coach you. Good luck and please don't get into a tree when you don't know what you are doing!

Not for nothing but if your buddy who owns the tree company let you do climbing work with a safety harness for a tree stand, YOU NEED A NEW FRIEND
or at least a new teacher.

Go to the fair!

I live in the Adirondacks, and recently went to the woodsman's field days in Booneville NY. Spent about $700.00, but saved about $800.00 off retail! Just like a big clearance sale!

Latest posts

Back