climbing lines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRN Tree

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into replaceing my climbing line it's showing signs of wear. Any suggestions and why?

Yale cordage FIRE.

Why? Because its a 16 strand rope. Nice feel. Bright colors can be seen in thick brush. It can be spliced.

Ive gotit and sell it by the foot so you can get a custom length if youd like.

I used Safety Blue as my climbing line since getting off of manila hemp... until I bought the Fire from okietreedude. Great rope, and it is highly visible. Check out the picture; looks like a circle of brush fire at the base of the tree ;)
DSC0397.jpg

http://www.whizbark.com/gallery/DanielsTulipfera/DSC03971?full=1

I've climbed with the fly for the past year or so, I like it because it's light and compact to store and carry.

I'm fond of the 1/2 lines. Easier to hold when going without spikes. I'm also VERY fond of Arbormaster from Samson. Also called Blue Streak and Gold Streak. They're both plenty visible and durable. Great hand but they do tend to bind a bit in a friction hitch as they get some age. Not fancy enough? They have a white/black/red variation too that is pretty sweet. Sherrill and Wesspur both have them...I'm sure others do as well. Price is comparable with all the other premium 16 strand 1/2 lines.

I'm a big guy so I prefer the 1/2" ropes. As long as they meet the standard, it boils down to personal choice. Just do a search (above), and you'll find many posts regarding ropes. As far an my favorite...I like Bluestreak/Arbormaster rope. HC

ropes

CRN Tree said:
I'm looking into replaceing my climbing line it's showing signs of wear. Any suggestions and why?
You should mention the lines you use now (who makes them and what style are they?) why you like/don't like them so we could suggest similar/not so similar lines. I like the Blue Streak 16 strand by Samson. It makes a difference if you have a favorite and want a similar line or not.

Back