Climbing with spurs/spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liberating, you say? I think I'll pass. Just out of curiosity though, what do you do when you get to the wood?
I have been using the long CMI straps one to girth the trunk then one through that choked as 2 foot steps . The wood without spikes no doubt is a PITA but if ya don't wanna fool with the straps then throw them on for that alone , believe me my ankles feet and knees are thankful to have that trash off .

Removals are doable with no spikes but spikes make it faster and easier. It's all about efficiency. You can cut a lawn with a push mower but if you had a 61" skag which are you guna choose?

Like I said throw on your spikes for the wood if you choose not to **** with another option , but if you need spikes to move through a canopy .... Then no offense your a sucky climber anyway so yea you need all the help ya can get , not I'm not pointing that at anyone just a observation

You call it "sucky climbing" I call it being more efficient which means getting the job done faster which means more money. But if no spikes works for you then by all means go for it. I'll stick to my spikes just like 99% of the other climbers I've seen doing removals.

Ha like I said I wasn't talking to anyone In particular .... Sorry that offended you really I am just saying that 99% of the efficient climbers can climb either way and why do a removal like that ? I choose it like that you can spike em all I couldn't care less

Latest posts

Back