clutch removal tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cord wood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone have any thoughts as to where i can purchase a clutch removal tool for a 2152 jonsered. I live in sault ste. marie , ontario , thanks

I don't know what a clutch on a Jonsered looks like, but I needed to remove the clutch from my ECS650 tanaka and it called for a special tool so I made one from
a 2" wide x 8" long piece of plate steel. I drilled two holes in it, tapped it out for 1/4" bolts and welded a short handle on it and it worked perfectly.

cord wood said:
Hi all, anyone have any thoughts as to where i can purchase a clutch removal tool for a 2152 jonsered. I live in sault ste. marie , ontario , thanks

I know folks that modify a big socket by cutting the socket wall to form 3 prongs. Easy and worked well.

A problem with 371's early was that wing that drove the bar oil pump off the clutch would wear away and quit turning. So everyone that had a 371 had to come up with a way to get off the clutch. The replacement "wing" was better, and I've never had another problem.

Actually as I read this I can't remember what the 2152 is comparable to in a Husky. So maybe just ignore this post...

Tool

Look in the welding supply at your local hardware or welding shop and look for a spanner wrench that is adjustable for different spans.This tool has what appears to be a box end wrench on one end(for the tank's?)and an adjustable spanner on the other end with a good stout set of pin's that are approx 1/4" long.I have a couple and they have taken off all clutches with no problem.

hiOctane

Hey there, i just called my local husky dealer in the sault and he quoted me $50.00 for the tool, think i'll look else where. Anyone have any places in the good ol USA.

cord wood said:
Hey there, i just called my local husky dealer in the sault and he quoted me $50.00 for the tool, think i'll look else where. Anyone have any places in the good ol USA.

Just check with Bailey's. Real good people to deal with.:cheers:

Last edited:
I used to have a tool made from an old socket, but I somehow "misplaced" it. I had to remove the clutch from my Jonsered 2036 and a Deere 200CS this week. I was looking around in my toolbox and ran across my tool that I use for screwing disc brake pistons back into the calipers (calipers with built-in parking brakes). It is a square block with pins in different spacings on each face and each face has a 3/8" square hole for a ratchet. I used it with my 3/8" impact, and with a couple of quick blips of the trigger, I had both off. I picked it up at the local Advance Auto and it was pretty cheap as I recall. :)

Latest posts

Back