Echo CS-351VL Clutch Removal - Case Split

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treefingers

Reaction score
The oiler tubing in the reservoir has rotted off and I think that the molded fitted end is stuck, maybe melted on the metal oiler tube. Been fighting it and can't get anywhere. I decided to split the case and get to it this way. I'm guessing the clutch must come off to get the case apart. I can't find the right clutch removal tool online. I'm looking for any tips, suggestions or magic tricks to successfully get the clutch off and ultimately the oiler back working. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 20231103_144736.jpg
    20231103_144736.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Grind down a socket with three fingers to engage into the clutch spider. Don't forget left hand threads. So righty loosey. Also the fuel tank grommet goes soft on that model and likes to leak. You can source a replacement grommet from McMaster- Carr under military compatible grommet sizing. Hope this helps you out.

Howdy,
Take the largest diameter piece of string trimmer line that will it in the hole of the oiler nipple and then slide the oiler hose over it and onto the nipple. The trimmer line will keep the hose from crimping or folding whlie you push it on the nipple.
Regards
Gregg

Latest posts

Back