044 Clutch washer stuck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revving13500

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey yall. Currently trying to remove the washer that sits under the clutch in my 044 to inspect the oiler( not getting oil but that’s a different issue). The washer seems to be stuck in place. Wondering if there are any tricks to get it off

Attachments

• 9F394C17-C6E3-41EC-A228-0C89E9CEB283.jpeg
    9F394C17-C6E3-41EC-A228-0C89E9CEB283.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
looks like you have an interference seized up fit. OD shaft to ID washer. if it was mine, i would put some BP on it. at seizure point. applied with end of used toothpick into bristles. and the BP into a container. i have a BP jar/w lid. i rarely spray thru tube. usually brush apply out of jar. and then no mess! and jar prevents rapid evaps. a few drops spread around. full circle. couple times. let it sit an hr or so. or even overnite. then i would apply a drop or two 30 wt engine oil full circle. then i would lightly tap the 4 points of compass. ideally, small drift, small ball peen. trying to get it to wedge up and off the interference fitment. seat. if that was slow going, i would try to get something, even a box cutter blade edge in under washer. issue at point, is to wedge the washer up and off the seat!

good luck, let us know how it turned out. i like 044 posts, got one i am working on, too.
i have run into this situation from time to time and this approach has worked for me.

🤞

looks like you have an interference seized up fit. OD shaft to ID washer. if it was mine, i would put some BP on it. at seizure point. applied with end of used toothpick into bristles. and the BP into a container. i have a BP jar/w lid. i rarely spray thru tube. usually brush apply out of jar. and then no mess! and jar prevents rapid evaps. a few drops spread around. full circle. couple times. let it sit an hr or so. or even overnite. then i would apply a drop or two 30 wt engine oil full circle. then i would lightly tap the 4 points of compass. ideally, small drift, small ball peen. trying to get it to wedge up and off the interference fitment. seat. if that was slow going, i would try to get something, even a box cutter blade edge in under washer. issue at point, is to wedge the washer up and off the seat!

good luck, let us know how it turned out. i like 044 posts, got one i am working on, too.
i have run into this situation from time to time and this approach has worked for me.

🤞
Was able to get it off after letting it soak with some oil and some gentle tapping. Appreciate the help!

Back