CNC Muffler mod.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FATGUY

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
When a machinist gets bored.... Sorry about the first few pics being blurry, they were taken with my phone.

stock cover affixed to fixture

attachment.php

section of heat shield milled away

attachment.php

Finished!

attachment.php

Close up

attachment.php

backside

attachment.php

Last edited:
I like that…kind of stealthy, doesn’t look out of place. In fact it looks like it should be there.

Take it to your local dealer and see if it voids the warranty.:greenchainsaw:

Very nice work:clap:

Mr. HE:cool:

So what kind of CNC equipment do you have?

Very nice work btw. What's it sound like on the saw?

kicks azz. You should start selling them.

I told you guys that Nic had an awesome mod up his sleave!:clap: I couldn't wait to see this cover and got to see it in person this afternoon. It is killer!

Nic just got this 026 so we went to tune it with a stock cover for a baseline. The saw wouldn't hardly run. I pulled a compression check and it was struggling to make 120 PSI. I had already looked at the P&C and they looked great. I pulled the jug since we wanted to clean the carbon out anyway. The rings are SHOT. The top ring had a gap of .037" and the bottom a gap of .027". No wonder it ran like crap! We're going to put a new piston in it and a carb kit. Should be good as new. Can't wait to get that new muffler cover on there and tuned in.

So what's a mod like this worth? We talked about me selling these as an option on my ported saws. What do you think?

Latest posts

Back