• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Cobra winch on Homelite XL chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cp7

Reaction score
This is a very cool and highly useful gas powered winch. The Homelite XL power head runs and works great.
It's an awesome tool and could be the only thing that will get you out of that tight spot.
I've also got it listed on Craigslist in KC Mo. I want $400 for it and I'm willing to ship.

IMG_7047.jpg

Whats the hp/c.c on the homelite? Can the power head be replaced with another brand (Stihl)? Whats the pulling capacity on single line? I was thinking about the Lewis but tell us a little about it.

I say it would ship it up to Ak. for $50.

Thanks Richard for posting that info on the XL saws.
I'm not sure about swapping the power head out but here is some info I found online for the Cobra Winch.

Dimensions: 9" high, 8 1/2" wide, 20" long
Weight: 38 total weight (including cable)
Powerhead: 2-cycle Homelite XL gasoline motor
Winch chassis: 50-51 High strength aluminum, 1 piece frame
Drum capacity: 150' of 3/16" diameter cable
Gear ratio: 1:1-from motor into gear box, 53:1-inside gear box, 8:1-from gear box to cable drum
Capacities: Single line pull--2000 lbs. Double line pull--4000 lbs. Triple line pull--8000 lbs.

Thanks for everyones interest but this winch been listed on eBay.
Please search for it and hope someone can end up owning this nice tool.
Thanks again

Old thread but any idea if the winch part is detachable from the homelite powerhead?
Can be fitted to a stihl?

Back