coils

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrycmorrow

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
does anyone have a cross reference between different makes of coils both for the straight coils and the electronic coils. especially interested in the voltage output characteristics and how that could affect a saw if a too-hot or too-cold coil was put on a saw. also, in addition to that, on the electronic coils is the timing pretty much the same. also, are most flywheels for similar engine sizes pretty much the same diameter?
lots of saws out there with dead coils and no new or used ones available. i'm assuming it is cost prohibitive to try to have one rewound.

066 064 etc

the guy at baileys said the coil for a 066 will fit 15 or 20 saws.i will be getting one for my 064 and 044 its the same part number.k

I think fellow member roncoinc started a thread about coils that swap, can`t remember what it was called. I will post back if I can find it. I myself can tell just by looking at them but that is no help to you.
Pioneerguy600

I know the coil from a Husqvarna 50/51/55 chainsaw will fit a vast variety of chainsaws. I have also seen threads where folks make a coil work for their purpose by grinding the brackets and elongating the mounting holes.

guess i just gotta go where i can hold one in my hand. anyone know anything about voltage output differences or does "one size fit all"

I know the coil from a Husqvarna 50/51/55 chainsaw will fit a vast variety of chainsaws. I have also seen threads where folks make a coil work for their purpose by grinding the brackets and elongating the mounting holes.

In a lot of cases it is easier to slip the donor coil off its laminated frame and remount it on the frame from the saw being repaired. It`s a different story if the coil or module is sealed to the frame, then it may have to be adapted.
Pioneerguy600

this particular one is sealed to the frame. what kind of adaptation you talking about? still wondering about various voltages for various coils. got any ideas? also, still wondering how the timing on the electronic coils works out.

this particular one is sealed to the frame. what kind of adaptation you talking about? still wondering about various voltages for various coils. got any ideas? also, still wondering how the timing on the electronic coils works out.

Adapt the frame of the good coil to mount on the saw being worked on.Never worried about various voltages, if it will spark a plug on one saw it will spark a plug on any other saw also. The timing works with a trigger mechanism in the coil and the arrangement and location of the magnets in the flywheel. The arrangement of the North and South magnets does make a difference, either the North is first to cross the trigger or vice versa.
Pioneerguy600

Last edited:
Adapt the frame of the good coil to mount on the saw being worked on.Never worried about various voltages, if it will spark a plug on one saw it will spark a plug on any other saw also. The timing works with a trigger mechanism in the coil and the arrangement and location of the magnets in the flywheel. The arrangement of the North and South magnets does make a difference, either the North first to cross the trigger or vice versa.
Pioneerguy600

thanks much. that is a great help. now i'm gonna try to rep ya.

Latest posts

Back