Cold Spell Comming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVwoodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Don't extinguish those fires just yet as there is a wide spread frost warning for the east coast tonight. I still have my owb going and had to turn up the t-stat as the house was only 66 degrees just a while ago. Don't forget to turn your heat back on if you had turned it off like me. Remember to cover any plants outside before turning in for the night.

Same here ... after a week of Summer weather, back to Winter tonight and tomorrow night. At least no snow is predicted :msp_biggrin:

Big concern here is some of the apple blossoms are out, and with a deep freeze, those trees won't produce any fruit at all ... so I hear, I'm not an orchard owner.

Right around 40 degrees right now, I'd bet the fruit growers are hoping for a cloudy night to keep it a bit warmer.

Going to be in the teens here tonite. Gotta go get the wood I brought bake to the pile and bring it back in.

Really strange weather! Here in MN the low for this week is to be 37 with a high of 70! Go figure!

I did start a small fire last night when my LP kicked on....have thermostat set at 67.......

the liberals have been playing with weather control trying to build strength for their global warming scam
bunch of anti-semites

I let the OWB go out 2 weeks ago, fired it back up yesterday. Damndest thing I saw was bag worms on my apple tree today, don't usually see them until the middle of summer.

Got a fire going today after not burning for the past couple weeks. Temps didn't get out of the 30's today but it should be in the 70's tomorrow. I guess it isn't quite time to put the wood away for the summer:dizzy:

Part of my house was built in 1890 or so......I really know it when the wind is from the South (which it is currently)! It really cools that part down a lot! The thermostat is in that part too! I've done a fair amount of sealing/patching. The wind doesn't get through as fast as when I first moved in! I found a path the wind liked was the tong and grove lumber used to make the flooring. Makes a 'nice' path! Needs new siding too! All in due time!

The wind can quite any time! IMO!

Yeah. Frost.

I refuse to look at the thermometer. Nothin' I can do about it, and I wont know the damage untill after the blooms fall.
I gotta do the same things, spend the same on inputs, and the only difference is we eat rice and Pintos for a year.

I have some neighbors I worry for though.
Some wont be here this fall if they get froze out.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

fire

Yeppers had to fire thw OWB back up ol' MOTHERNATURE isnt done being herself but damn the weather has been beautiful out TOOO NICE i hope all the farmers dont lose there harvest i have 28 degrees outside this morning but no frost on the truck:msp_thumbsup:

My OWB was happy to get fed last night, poor thing has been only getting one small portion a week lately :D 15° out there right now!

Back