Columnar Sugar Maple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccm0114

Reaction score
I am looking for any type of Columnar Sugar Maple, and am having a VERY difficult time finding any of these varieties, even when searching the internet. The nurseries I find are either wholesale only, or retail w/o mail order, or don't have them, or they only have full size trees. I am less interested in full size trees and would prefer smaller trees or whips since I want a half dozen or so. My question is where can a regular joe specifically buy/order these trees? I am interested in any of the following varieties:

Acer saccharum ‘Apollo/Barrett Cole’
Acer saccharum ‘Coleman’
Acer saccharum 'Endowment Columnar'
Acer saccharum 'Goldspire'
Acer saccharum 'Newton Sentry'
Acer saccharum 'Temple’s Upright'
Acer saccharum 'Monumental'

I'm sorry, but as I said in my first post, I did an Internet search (Google) and was unable to find a retail outlet, that mail orders, and that has smaller trees or whips. I was able to find wholesalers, and I even contacted many of my local retailers to see if they could order through them, but my local retailers only have local contracts, and they were unwilling or unable to help me. Therefore, this search has become very frustrating, and I threw myself on the mercy of this forum for help.

Back