Come to the SRT Picnic in Austin, TX May 9

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Dunlap

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
On May 9 there is going to be a get together in Austin, TX at Eastwood Park:

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/parkmaps/images/eastwoods.jpg

Anyone who would like to come and try out SRT systems and show what they use is welcome.

The plan is to be there from around 9-3. Get there early, the local arbos tell me that parking can be a challenge. You may have to scout for us since we can't really stake out a tree the night before. We shouldn't be hard to find.

Any climbers are invited. This isn't intended to be an intro to climbing day though. It's more of an intro to SRT day. I should have 2-3 Unicenders and my buckets of other SRT tools so that we can try lots of different systems.

If anyone wants to post this on other climbing/arbo forums or social networking sites, feel free to. It's hard to imagine that we would have too many people there.

Bring your gear, helmet, glasses, harness. Since SRT gear is made for 11mm ropes for the most part bring that if you have it. If not, there will be ropes to use and some of my SRT gear does work on half inch rope.

For more information check into this post:

http://tinyurl.com/cfesa4

--------------------
Tom

To some it is the freedom
And others it’s the climb
For the trees… ~Stanley Longstaff

About 20 years ago I started using SRT to ascend only. Then, I started to move out on limbs a little to work down from the top. After a while I figured out how to go up AND down on SRT. The Unicender and FATE systems are the paths to the future of tree climbing.

See ya in Austin!

What a great idea, Tom.

I would strongly encourage anyone who has been debating usage of SRT within the tree to try to attend this meeting. There is probably noone more qualified with using SRT in an arboricultural application than Tom.

Dave

Latest posts

Back