Compact Track Loader on lawns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarethVW

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Have any of you used the turf tracks from McLaren or Bobcat? I known ASV has the green turf tracks for its smaller models, I would only be interested in bigger loaders like bobcat t250 size that have high hydraulic hp to run a stump grinder. So with the turf tracks can you run on lawns with minimal damage?

Typical track loaders turn by locking one track and delivering power to the other. This causes the tractor to pivot, usually tearing up the ground underneath the locked track. I have owned 20+ crawlers but have never run a skid steer with tracks.

those old allis chalmers crawler loaders with the triple bar grousers we had would scrape the grass clean wherever it turned.

Murph has some videos with his skid steer with the green tracks, from what I have seen looks good. Do a google search plenty of videos

I have seen the green tracks, I want to know about the turf tracks for machines like a bobcat t250. Like the ones bobcat or McLaren make. How well do they work?

Back