Competition Climbing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallen Angel

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
O.k....This probably should have gone in the rec. Tree cliimbing forum but figured more would see this on a forum for more experienced climbers. Here's the question; I have been interested in competition climbing for several years and have wanted to enter several times but locations were always way out of the way. Not too many climbing comps. in Texas. I now live in Pennylvania and I want MORE! The bigger the better. Haven't met my match yet (tree). Can anyone steer me in the right directions to make contacts and get the right info so I can go see one and then enter one....for the books, I'm an experienced climber w/ 17 years under my belt. Not looking for any junior league stuff here. Hope y'all can help.

Fallen Angel, Ive been to a few climbing competitions & Ill tell ya...those guys are good!!

where I come from Im considered pretty good as well are others & when we went to check out the jamboree.........whew!! blows ya away!!

Go watch, learn, practice then compete, these guys atleast some of them practice daily!! the only thing I would say is they are great show climbers, fast, very talented...........But put a 23kv line under them & see how they do? cause other than that.......I wouldnt even place!!

Good Luck

LXT...........

I was gonna say, aren't most of those guys pros? As in, all they do for a living is speed climb? It doesn't seem like something any normal climber working for a tree service can jump right into.

Hey LXT, any thoughts on my lot clearing problem?

I am not sure about how many guys are "pro's" (speed climb for a living), but I know the the Jersey champ/ multi time world champ is out doing everything. Large hairy removals, line clearance, crane work... everything... SAFE and FAST.

We just had the PennDel ETCC last Saturday in the Philly suburbs. Try a web search for NJ and NY ISA chapter events, maybe 1 of theirs is coming up and you're not too far from either. Some other webboards have entire sections dedicated to comp climbing and would be a good place for networking. Also, try attending symposia. PennDel's is always first Monday of February. Again, try symposia in NJ & NY.

Good luck :)

I was gonna say, aren't most of those guys pros? As in, all they do for a living is speed climb? It doesn't seem like something any normal climber working for a tree service can jump right into.

No, they're pros, as in, they climb trees every day for a living to do pruning and removals. I don't think there would be much of a living in speedclimbing....

Latest posts

Back