Compression on 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stgcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My husqvarna 372 blows about 145 on compression and is this normal? It's practically a new saw

I appreciated it. Just wondered why it was so easy to pull since I was using my 288xp. Yes I know the 288 is a quite bit bigger saw but didn't think there would be that much difference between the two

This saw is the x-torq I believe it's the strato version I have seen people speak of in other posts

The X-Torq usually blows a bit more than the older Non-XT models. I wouldn't put much stock in what the gauge says though........how does it run?

Runs great actually. It's still on maybe tank 10? I believe the compression has went up since I've had it. All of them around here seem to be that way so I guess it's normal. I really like the saw though.

I had thought of looking at my piston. But I believe that I'd have to have a special tool to pull the muffler

Yeah it's 5mm for the two holding the muffler to the cylinder . 4mm to everything else. I looked at the piston. It looked fine so I'm feeling great now. I run it about 40:1

Latest posts

Back