Concerned about trees...HELP!!! (re-post)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowfan

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a duplicate post but I checked my earlier thread and it is blank.

I manage a ranch for my in-laws and we have recently acquired a homesite owned by some folks that lived on the ranch. There are some fir( I think) trees and they are losing or have lost all their bark. We also have peach and apple trees that have been hit hard with borers and bagworms. The firs (?) are alongside some pines which look OK.

We have been in a horrible drought for several years and I have begun watering.

Any advice is appreciated. We would be crushed to lose these trees.

Thank you,
Eric

Looks like natural bark exfoliation to me nothing to worry about. Is the fresh sap droplets I see on the trunk from the recent pruning work?

That is good news:msp_smile:, thanks Raintree. I'll check in the morning to see if the sap droplets are coming from the pruning. They were pruned over a year ago if that makes any difference.

It takes a lot of water. Drought stresses the trees and allows the diseases/bugs a foothold. I lost 150 trees to the TX drought despite my attempts at watering. Good luck

Back