Confused about Husqvarna-Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, this isint paying any bills so why shouldn't we have a good time, that's why i'm here. Give and get advice and have some fun, if you have a stick up your ### then why are you on the internet?

Sounds like you got a mighty big twig up there too.

This post has been ruined by a lot of off topic crap, but eyolf its good to see you still posting.

Troll hit the nail on the head with the history part, in the 70's Jonsereds were as fine as saw as there was on the market. Husqvarna really didnt make a dent in the pro market until the early 80's and changed the market from low rpm heavy "torquey" saws to high speed lightweight saws which dominate the market today.

Stihl and Jonsered made the adjustment, but pro quality companies like McCulloch, Poulan, Homelite, etc did not spend the R&D money in time and did not retool to keep up with the times. As a result they are now junk.

This post has been ruined by a lot of off topic crap, but eyolf its good to see you still posting.

Troll hit the nail on the head with the history part, in the 70's Jonsereds were as fine as saw as there was on the market. Husqvarna really didnt make a dent in the pro market until the early 80's and changed the market from low rpm heavy "torquey" saws to high speed lightweight saws which dominate the market today.

Stihl and Jonsered made the adjustment, but pro quality companies like McCulloch, Poulan, Homelite, etc did not spend the R&D money in time and did not retool to keep up with the times. As a result they are now junk.

:agree2:

If anyone cares, here's my opinion. The HS stuff is fine...its a community, after all. But when a noobie shows up with question, I think it would be cool if he got a few answers before we all started in with the joking around.

I think its partly about being respectful, but even more about keeping the forum alive. Advertizers and sponsors want access to eyeballs. Most of us know about these sponsors and advertizers...we can call Bailey's anytime. Bailey's wants access to the new guys, guys who might not know whats out there.

So when the noobie doesn't get his answer, maybe he never comes back, never clicks the link to Sawdoc or ChainsawR, and those guys stop seeing the need to support the forum.

Its easy to say "use the search", but if it comes across like "leave us alone", what does arbo-site gain? WE're guests here...not owners, and if the owner can't make it pay, the owner probably won't keep it open.

I've never seen a search feature yet that works well when the searcher doesn't even know what to call whatever it is he's looking for. Even when you do, sometimes you'll wade through thousands of posts in dozens of threads before you find what you want...if you don't give up and say "to H-e-l-l with it".

So my advice would be to answer the noob, then make another post teasing your online buds.

If anyone cares, here's my opinion. The HS stuff is fine...its a community, after all. But when a noobie shows up with question, I think it would be cool if he got a few answers before we all started in with the joking around.

I think its partly about being respectful, but even more about keeping the forum alive. Advertizers and sponsors want access to eyeballs. Most of us know about these sponsors and advertizers...we can call Bailey's anytime. Bailey's wants access to the new guys, guys who might not know whats out there.

So when the noobie doesn't get his answer, maybe he never comes back, never clicks the link to Sawdoc or ChainsawR, and those guys stop seeing the need to support the forum.

Its easy to say "use the search", but if it comes across like "leave us alone", what does arbo-site gain? WE're guests here...not owners, and if the owner can't make it pay, the owner probably won't keep it open.

I've never seen a search feature yet that works well when the searcher doesn't even know what to call whatever it is he's looking for. Even when you do, sometimes you'll wade through thousands of posts in dozens of threads before you find what you want...if you don't give up and say "to H-e-l-l with it".

So my advice would be to answer the noob, then make another post teasing your online buds.

Well said, thank you.

I agree with you eyolf, but its not just the search function. The OP has started several threads with VERY similar questions, and this one in particular is straight to the point: http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=94048

So the search function failed, but also his own memory. I answered several of the same questions in other threads and it gets old.........fast.

As for the HS crap, it is the internet and what do you expect to be posted on a Friday night before Halloween. Lots of drunk, belligerent, and idiotic people posting at midnight (myself included).

Fair enough! I joked around but i did post something inline with the thread. I think the price comparison would be cool to see.
Idk why people are saying the thread is ruined... its fine.

Good point on new people being pushed away with are BS and joking. Were just used to it. Ill keep it in mind.

LOL, your father sure is Waaaay off.

To put it simple, Husky owns Jonsered by now, and started making their saws in 1982, when both were owned by E-lux.

That transition was completed about 20 years later, and Husky now makes all decent or better Jonsereds, based on Husky models.

In the 1960s and 1970s, before E-lux bought both brands, Jonsereds often made the better saws though.....
This brings up something I've wondered about since I beleive it was 1989 or 90, I bought a Jonsered I beleive 525 was the model number (I really cant remember for sure though), The main thing I remember about it was the air intake, it was built into the bottom side below the throttle handle, always worried about busting the plastic and ruining it. The guy I bought it from swore up and down that Husky built it, but I have wondered about it every since.

Last edited:
PlantBio:As for the HS crap, it is the internet and what do you expect to be posted on a Friday night before Halloween. Lots of drunk, belligerent, and idiotic people posting at midnight (myself included).

Didn't you just get married? Shouldn't you be putting beans in the jar?

Jeez! Now I guess I'm the high-school joker.

PlantBio:As for the HS crap, it is the internet and what do you expect to be posted on a Friday night before Halloween. Lots of drunk, belligerent, and idiotic people posting at midnight (myself included).

Didn't you just get married? Shouldn't you be putting beans in the jar?

Jeez! Now I guess I'm the high-school joker.

Haha!! True, but she worked until 1am fri and last night. No bean being put in the jar.

This brings up something I've wondered about since I beleive it was 1989 or 90, I bought a Jonsered I beleive 525 was the model number (I really cant remember for sure though), The main thing I remember about it was the air intake, it was built into the bottom side below the throttle handle, always worried about busting the plastic and ruining it. The guy I bought it from swore up and down that Husky built it, but I have wondered about it every since.

The 525 (and the similar 535) sure weren't Husky built saws - the first ones in the 50cc class were the 2149 and 2150 - about 10 years later than that!

;)

The 525 (and the similar 535) sure weren't Husky built saws - the first ones in the 50cc class were the 2149 and 2150 - about 10 years later than that!

;)
Thanks for clearing that up, I knew that it's design was totally different from the Husky's I had at the time, but I wasnt going to argue with him. (not complaining about the saw either, just for the record, it was a mean little sucker.)

Latest posts

Back