Congratulations Saw Troll!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you may not like ST's opinions on other brands but when you need to know anything about a Swedish saw he is THE man!

Congrats Niko! I feel like I live in here and you have 6 times as many posts as I do!

I like all brands, when they deserve to be liked - like the Euro version of the MS361, with an Andy muffler on it.

Comparing the top of the heap ones is sort of silly. Stihl vs Husky vs Dolmar/Makita vs Echo, they'll all generally do the trick, and hold up to fairly moderate use.
the fun comes in, when you scrape the "gutter" of the cheap chainsaw selection. Blue Max vs Earthquake vs Hitachi vs Remington, now you got a party. :D

That's relatively interesting as you've got a technological trickle down, and can see what can be done with not exactly extensive machining, or top of the line materials.

Zenoah must have did something right since blue max and earthquakes are two of the hundreds cloning them:confused: Hitachi is just a tanaka and remington has been pass around like craftsman.

Congradulations sawtroll thats whole lot of knowledge shared.

Holy shinoly sawtroll that's A LOT of postings, I can hardly keep up with one thread lol. Pretty neat though to think of the time you've spent ASing to reach that mark and all the advice you've shared along the way. I haven't a smart a$$ remark on the top of my head at the moment so congrats will have to do it pard haha

Well, I suppose you have to find something to do, at least in the winter months. According to wikipedia, there's like 10 HOURS of sunlight split between 3 months of the winter up there. So, I suppose any sort of distraction is all for the best.

Well, I suppose you have to find something to do, at least in the winter months. According to wikipedia, there's like 10 HOURS of sunlight split between 3 months of the winter up there. So, I suppose any sort of distraction is all for the best.
That's true, I hadn't thought of it in that sense. Either way that's still quite the benchmark

Back