connecting rod play

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya i had a short peice of wood and my ratchet strap broke so it was just tied in. i need a tach so i can check it, i think i'll tear it down again and hog her out a little more. i think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt tho.

Last edited:
It came out awesome. The cuts look strong.

Run the saw for a couple of weeks. Give it a good hard strong workout. It should only get stronger.

Then you can go back in and finish it up.

i have a couple 40" maples to take down so i'll give her a work out this weekend. put the big boy bar on it and see what it does. we'll see. lol

lol just did the exhaust and cleaned up the transfers a bit, removed the casting crap outa the intake. thats it. i'll tear back into it and do some intake work after this weekend.

I've had pretty good luck on the 50mm cylinders with a widened intake and cleaned up transfers. I don't get too crazy on the transfers but I open the lower end up a bit and knife-edge the divider. Sounds like you have a pretty good design so far.

I've had pretty good luck on the 50mm cylinders with a widened intake and cleaned up transfers. I don't get too crazy on the transfers but I open the lower end up a bit and knife-edge the divider. Sounds like you have a pretty good design so far.

Jacob, do you have any reference pics i could look at? like I said it is my first attempt at porting a saw, think I got lucky so far and dont wanna screw anything up so all the help I could get wood be apreciated.

Mr. McDealer made a runner!! :cheers:

Tnanx alot brutha Metals.

Last edited:
Back