Contra to 090 Rebuild Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baileys were the (longs) or bearings with sleeve!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cool .Thanks for time/pics.

My Baileys bearings that arrived the other day looked just like the ones posted above by Teddy.Scout.

Thanks for the offer on the 070 jug Gumnuts. I might take you up on that since I already have the 070/090 shroud on the way that might be a good option. Glad to hear that the extra cc's are not missed.

I'll dig this one up from the archives. Two things:

1) Mad props to Dalton Paull - he sent me the Contra piston he had. After a good session in the ultrasonic bath, the carbon busted out of the rings and they came free. The piston is in good order. THANK YOU!!!! So I re-ringed it, and installed in the Contra I was rebuilding. This Contra is a bit of a mutant, the crank had gone so I picked up a second-hand crank off eBay for a good price.

2) Now the bad news. Contra con-rods are shorter than 070/090 con rods. How do I know this? Well, the crank I got from ebay was from an 070, and when running it in a Contra, the piston hits the top of the cylinder. The height of a Contra jug is about 85mm....an 070/090 is 90mm. ARRGH!! :blob2::blob2::blob2:

So I'm going to have go back to plan A and turn this Contra shell into an 070, and get busy with the spray gun so I can rebuild Daton Paulls piston into a Contra case with matching crank.

I'm glad that the piston worked out but that's a little disappointing about the crank. I guess I'm going to have the opposite problem with mine converting to 070. Do you want to trade cranks?

Latest posts

Back