Cooked Crank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at the base of the cylinder, see the gasket? Now where the cutout is for the transfer ports, it's solid= no opening! How the F... is oil going to get under the rings? Every cylinder I have ever seen has openings that the intake charge goes into the crankcase thus supplying oil to the crank. Now pay attention this time- please explain how oil gets to the crank in this motor. The diagram is great but does not apply to this motor because the intake is not connected with the crankcase.....
The intake charge comes from the carb and goes into the crankcase first under the piston. As the piston comes back down and closes off the intake it pushes the charge up from the crankcase into the lower transfers. Then exit the upper transfers above the piston into the combustion camber to be burnt.

Looks to me that its a gasket for a different saw but as stated it doesn't matter as long as it is sealed.

Now pay attention this time-

Look into the intake, the passages split left and right and come out to the lower transfers
When the piston is up this opens the passage into the crank case.
The rising piston draws a vacuum which pulls the air flow in.
As the crack continues to turn the air/fuel circulates around the lower crank and parts in question.
When the piston descends low enough the upper transfers are revealed and the air/fuel mix gets pushed from the crank case into the combustion chamber.

If you were listening, this is how the air/fuel gets to the crank...

Obviously this thing burnt up because it wasn't getting any oil and it looks like somebody put the wrong cylinder on it to me. I just thought that maybe one of you brainstormers with your great comments could see if that was the case because I don't know these old Saws that well and I don't have access to their parts catalog to look and see which cylinder is without spending hours on it either on the swings just going to go in the garbage can I was just curious for my own peace of mind . "Learn how a two-stroke functions" must be one of those mellinials, they good at opening up their mouths before they realized that they are ignorant and disrespectful. I promise you that I have forgot more about two-cycle engines than you are capable of learning because you already know it all. And how many of your engines are bringing home trophies? It probably was one of you "experts " who put this together.

Thanks to the person who informed me of the model number.I started this forum to point out a mistake that someone made and was testing the experts that know everything to see if anyone could catch it....so far I'm just getting a lot of egotistical pompous douche-bag responses, no wonder the small engine repair industry has such a big black eye. You out to be ashamed of yourself, or wait what am I thinking, ain't no shame in your game.

Thanks Franny, how can the transfer port charge get to the crankcase with no opening? The gasket is correct, it's the cylinder that is not. Again, there is no way in this case for the crank to get oil. It can't magically go around the rings, right?

It doesn't go under the rings as you say. It goes straight into the crankcase from the intake and under the piston first.

Put the piston in the jug and move it up and down. As the intake opens from the bottom of the port the charge will go straight into the case.

The gasket does not match the cylinder. I can not from your pictures tell if the gasket matches the case or if the cylinder matches the case.

Those chop saws even with good air filter care do not last as long as chainsaws.

The charge goes around the rings via the passage between the openings I color coded yellow and blue.

Is the gasket that is on the cylinder 180 degrees rotated from where it is supposed to be? Blocking a passage?

I was not doing it on purpose but stated it did not match not it was incorrect. I would think ideally it would not have those side cut outs.
Any trophies I got on a two cycle had the transfer charge going through side cut outs in a gasket similar to those in the picture one post back.

Is the gasket that is on the cylinder 180 degrees rotated from where it is supposed to be? Blocking a passage?

I was not doing it on purpose but stated it did not match not it was incorrect. I would think ideally it would not have those side cut outs.
Any trophies I got on a two cycle had the transfer charge going through side cut outs in a gasket similar to those in the picture one post back.

Not with cylinders that have sidewall feeding transfers, instead of bottom feeding. As long as the gasket seals it's fine.

Thanks to the person who informed me of the model number.I started this forum to point out a mistake that someone made and was testing the experts that know everything to see if anyone could catch it....so far I'm just getting a lot of egotistical pompous douche-bag responses, no wonder the small engine repair industry has such a big black eye. You out to be ashamed of yourself, or wait what am I thinking, ain't no shame in your game.
Buddy, when that light bulb finally comes on and you realize exactly how that engine is designed to work, you are going be eating a giant sized slice of humble pie after that remark.

Listen to what the guys are saying, and THINK!

Buddy, when that light bulb finally comes on and you realize exactly how that engine is designed to work, you are going be eating a giant sized slice of humble pie after that remark.

Listen to what the guys are saying, and THINK!
Totally over thinking it...much like the saying "can't see the forest for all the trees.."

Its so simple he can't understand and his attitude won't let him.

Moving on to this saw that got in the truck today...

8f1e0bbff2134106d1258f0fd01cdad1.jpg

Back