Stihl mount bar to Husqvarna saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got a good deal on a 25" 3/8 .063 84 dl light and tough stihl mount bar. I want to put it on a Husqvarna large mount saw. I have an adapter and drilled out the bar adjuster holes. The bar fits but the 84 driver chain is too short to get it on the bar. I don't really want to try to lengthen the bar slot. So, does anyone know how many drivers I need to add to the chain to make it work?
Thanks

I got a good deal on a 25" 3/8 .063 84 dl light and tough stihl mount bar. I want to put it on a Husqvarna large mount saw. I have an adapter and drilled out the bar adjuster holes. The bar fits but the 84 driver chain is too short to get it on the bar. I don't really want to try to lengthen the bar slot. So, does anyone know how many drivers I need to add to the chain to make it work?
Thanks
Usually this is a trip up due to sprocket size. I discovered this on a small Stihl that had 55DL as standard for a 6 pin spur sprocket and I put a 7 pin rim sprocket on it as people commonly do and 55DL didn't fit. Was supposed to be 56DL with a 7 pin sprocket. On a larger saw, assume the 84dl is standard fit for a 7 pin sprocket. Are you running an 8 pin 3/8" sprocket on the Husky large mount? If so, add an extra link. (By putting the chain on the bar first and squeezing the tail as close to the sprocket as possible, I was able to make 55DL fit my small saw just barely and just get on the tensioner at max loose setting. If you can't even come close to getting on the loosest tensioner setting doing that, you might need two extra links, not sure.)

Usually this is a trip up due to sprocket size. I discovered this on a small Stihl that had 55DL as standard for a 6 pin spur sprocket and I put a 7 pin rim sprocket on it as people commonly do and 55DL didn't fit. Was supposed to be 56DL with a 7 pin sprocket. On a larger saw, assume the 84dl is standard fit for a 7 pin sprocket. Are you running an 8 pin 3/8" sprocket on the Husky large mount? If so, add an extra link. (By putting the chain on the bar first and squeezing the tail as close to the sprocket as possible, I was able to make 55DL fit my small saw just barely and just get on the tensioner at max loose setting. If you can't even come close to getting on the loosest tensioner setting doing that, you might need two extra links, not sure.)

Yes It's a 7 pin on a neotec 395xp clone. I tried it with chain on bar first but you can't get the bar to go over the front stud.

Yes It's a 7 pin on a neotec 395xp clone. I tried it with chain on bar first but you can't get the bar to go over the front stud.
Ah, gotcha. Looked at the D009 (Husky) vs D025 (Stihl)mounts and the Stihl bar slots are a fair bit shorter. Common issue. I ran a 20" Stihl mount bar on a D009 Husky mount quite a bit and everything fit fine on it though that was a GB bar where they make the slot elongated so it can match up to a Husky as well w adapter. Would guess it's no more than adding a link and it will fit but not absolutely sure. Some folks end mill out the slot so it fits, some people add a link.

Latest posts

Back