Husqvarna 41 bar conversion?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a Husqvarna 41 that I was going to get running to donate to a volunteer group. It is K095 mount and has a 7 tooth .325 spur drum. I don't have an extra bar to fit it. I do have a brand new A041 3/8lp bar and a 6 tooth 3/8lp spur drum off a small Poulan that I think will fit. I laid the bar over the bar studs and the saws oil slot is just barely visible through the bar's oil/adjuster holes. Not enough to oil properly. I was wondering if I could Dremel a little material from the bottom of the saw oil slot or file the bar adjuster holes up towards the chain slot or would I have to drill new oil holes or is it not even worth the trouble? Thanks.

Easiest route would be to keep the AO41 for a saw that is sure to come along that it actually fits and find a K095 .325 secondhand bar for the 41?
Especially if the current .325/7 spur is not flogged out.

Maybe post a wanted ad on here for a bar and chain- lots of folk here have parts saws! ;)

I run a Oregon A041 mount 3/8 low profile 16" bar on my Husqvarna 41 with a 56 drive link chain , it oils the bar and chain very well .
It looks like it would be marginal but if you try it you'll be surprised .
Scott

Thanks. I will try it. It sure doesn't look like any oil would come out of it without some type of modification.

Easiest route would be to keep the AO41 for a saw that is sure to come along that it actually fits and find a K095 .325 secondhand bar for the 41?
Especially if the current .325/7 spur is not flogged out.

Maybe post a wanted ad on here for a bar and chain- lots of folk here have parts saws! ;)
Thanks for your reply. The saw calls for .325 narrow kerf. I didn't think a 41cc saw would pull .325 very well. I've had this bar for 3 years and was hoping to finally use it.

I have a Husqvarna 41 that I was going to get running to donate to a volunteer group. It is K095 mount and has a 7 tooth .325 spur drum. I don't have an extra bar to fit it. I do have a brand new A041 3/8lp bar and a 6 tooth 3/8lp spur drum off a small Poulan that I think will fit. I laid the bar over the bar studs and the saws oil slot is just barely visible through the bar's oil/adjuster holes. Not enough to oil properly. I was wondering if I could Dremel a little material from the bottom of the saw oil slot or file the bar adjuster holes up towards the chain slot or would I have to drill new oil holes or is it not even worth the trouble? Thanks.

The A041 bar has a 1/4" wide channel from the 1/4" diameter hole up to the bar rails . No need to file the bar or the saw .

I used a model 36 a bit and it was 041, thought it was the same as a Husqvarna 41 except for the bore of the cylinder.

My way of making an 041 to 095 conversion is to use a chainsaw file to modify the adjuster hole towards the center and drill a new oil input hole staying 3/8 inch or so from any spot welds. I fill the unused adjuster hole with stick epoxy or just the portion of the unused adjuster hole that connects to the bar groove. To donate it to a volunteer group probably would want to have the bar so it can be flipped.

I used a model 36 a bit and it was 041, thought it was the same as a Husqvarna 41 except for the bore of the cylinder.

My way of making an 041 to 095 conversion is to use a chainsaw file to modify the adjuster hole towards the center and drill a new oil input hole staying 3/8 inch or so from any spot welds. I fill the unused adjuster hole with stick epoxy or just the portion of the unused adjuster hole that connects to the bar groove. To donate it to a volunteer group probably would want to have the bar so it can be flipped.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back