Cooking with the Woodmaster.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Bednarick

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I needed to cook outside today as my wife asked if we could not run the oven. Michigan has suddenly decided to be 75 degrees outside and we haven't hooked up the A/C yet. So heating up the house would not be the best.

Normally I take a shovelfull of coals from the OWB (Woodmaster 5500) and toss them in the grill. This is a great way to cook if you want to grill, but we wanted roasted chicken, baked potatos and steamed veggies.

So I pulled out the Dutch oven and some aluminum foil and into the Woodmaster it all went.
IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

It took about an hour and a half to cook a semi thawed chicken to over 180 degrees. The chicken was perfect and the I steamed the veggies and baked the potatos in there too.
IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

A good dinner cooked on wood after a full day of cutting firewood.:givebeer:

Mine is 24x24. That is big enough for anything that I want to handle on my own. The guy I cut wood with has two CB 6048 OWBs and I help him heft in some pretty big stuff. He doesn't like to split anything down, but I would rather make a few more trips to the stove rather that put my back out. I have taken a 2x8 plank and rolled some larger maple and ash rounds that were quite heavy.

Wow, cooking in the OWB??????
I thought I was bad! :) :jawdrop:

That is a pretty cool idea, and some good looking eats too. :cheers:

excellent idea using a dutch oven!

can't figure out for the life of me... why I've not done that yet inside my fireplace insert.

12+ cu ft inside firebox, so plenty of room. too bad it's too late this season.

Back