cool and/or unusual trees from connoiseurs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a neat Catalpa tree on a late to mid 1800's property my wife grew up in and I have worked on for 30 years. This catalpa's huge bottom limb used to be airborn. One day it settled to the ground.

The current owners are elderly and have had illness for a while and I found the limb swallowed up by a myriad of species of vines. I created this area by cleaning the ground of weeds, vines off the tree and big limb and raising the branch level on the big limb to create an environment.

This limb has been used for many decades for wedding picts, graduations, etc, etc photo ops.

I also created the look on the century old Yew by taking the huge blocking globe and exposing the beautiful trunks which gave the appearance of more space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsGrcTEHn_Q

Sorry man, I fell asleep. So what happened at the end. I heard a few saws revin' and almost woke me up! Nice scenery!
Jeff :)

That's not my turf derwoodii. But I thought Mr. Lovstrom might come up with an ID since he works (errr I mean drives) in that virginity.

Back